Imagine #14

There was a flash of light-

Suddenly I was sitting alone in a room without a single source of light. The darkness began to surround me, wrapping it's cold arms around my neck. It was as if the walls were closing in on me. I tried to stand, but I was frozen in a sitting position on what I assumed was a cool concrete floor.

A mirror appeared out of thin air before me, it's tall gold embroidered frame towering over me. I got a glimpse of my reflection in the silver glass. My (H/c) hair hung in my face, damp with sweat. My face was somewhat distorted, my eyes were frighteningly hollow. Two black crevices where my eyes used to be. Every time I exhaled; my breath came out a white mist resembling vapor. It was that cold, yet I didn't react to it negatively.

My mouth opened. I wanted to scream but the sound remained in my throat. The glass shattered- sending razor sharp pieces of glass sailing through the air. All I could do was watch and pray that none of the shards hit me.

_______________

I jolted awake, my heart hammering in my chest. My back was slick with sweat and my breathing was erratic. I ran my hand along my white sheets, wanting to make sure I wasn't still in my nightmare. A soft glow from the moon filtered in through my window, casting the room in a comforting milky radiance. I glanced over, realizing my boyfriend was staring at me with a concerned look.

His thick black hair was tangled, his eyes were red rimmed as if he hadn't had sleep. "Gerard...are you alright?" I asked, touching his cheek ever so softly.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing, (Y/n)." Gerard tilted his head and gave me a tired, but sweet lopsided smile.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I haven't gotten any sleep because for hours you have been kicking me in the back."

"Oh." My cheeks flushed red in embarrassment. I hadn't meant to keep him up. "I'm sorry, I had a nightmare." I explained.

"It's alright, how about I hold you until you fall asleep?" Gerard scooted closer to me, his warm embrace instantly made feel safe.

I nodded shortly, laying on my side as he flopped one arm across my chest. He held me, whispering sweet nothings into my ear. His warm breath tickling me until I feel into a deep sleep; free of nightmares.

|Don't forget to vote ♡|