The List

[Requested by @Imheereandqueer]

Roman blepped out his tongue as he sunk into the black beanbag that resided in Virgil's room, batting at some bits of dust that floated into his line of vision before flopping back in boredom, "Virgil, I'm boored..." He groaned and rolled over to his side to look at Virgil, who was currently nose deep in a book.

Virgil sighed and put a bookmark in his novel before setting it down, "Well what do you expect me to do?"

"We could-" Roman thought for a moment before a lightbulb when off in his brain, "Play prince and princess!" He squeaked excitedly, "I could be the prince and you could-"

"Nope." Virgil dismissed the idea before Roman had a chance to finish, beginning to pick his book up once again.

"And you have any better ideas?" Roman crossed his arms over his chest.

Virgil shrugged, setting his book down and staring up at the ceiling, "When I'm bored...I just pick out every crack in the ceiling...and count it as a flaw, like a list."

"But-"

Virgil interrupted, "Too skinny, don't wear the correct clothes, no friends, hated by a good handful of my peers, impossible to wipe off eyeshadow even when wanted, it's hard to smile, I can't do anything correctly, and-"

"Enough- Enough- Enough!" Roman shook his hands and leapt to his feet with a huff, putting his hands on his hips and frowning at Virgil, "First of all, that game is not fun in the slightest."

"Easy for you to say- you're flawless." Virgil murmured with envy.

Roman beamed before shaking his head and getting back on task, "But, why do you have to be so...dark and edgy, all the time?"

"Add those to the list of-"

"No." Roman stares firmly, thinking a moment before responding, "I know!" He approached Virgil and stopped a few feet in front of him, "I'll perform for you- maybe then you'll let a bit of light in!"

Virgil rolled his eyes, "I doubt it. I hate to say it- but even you, Princey, can't fix-" He motioned to the whole of his body, "This."

Roman cracked his knuckles with a curt nod before holding out his hand with a slight bow, "Well I can try at the very least."

Virgil inspected Roman's hand for a moment before begrudgingly accepting it and placing his own in the palm of Roman's.

Roman grinned and immediately hoisted Virgil off the edge of his bed.

Virgil let out a yelp as he fell forward onto Roman's chest.

Roman chuckled, "Well you've got the standing part, now you've just got to get the moving your feet and dancing part and you'll be all good!"

Virgil's expression dropped into a wincing look and he leaned back from Roman's chest, "Wait...dancing?"

Roman nodded with a wide grin, "Ballroom dancing!"

"Nope." Virgil shook his head and let go of Roman's hand, turning to go back to his bed.

"Not so fast!" Roman grabbed Virgil's wrist and snapped his fingers. In a few instants, music began to play overhead, the theme to the original Beauty and the Beast: Disney Movie

Roman quickly twirled Virgil around and tipped him backwards.

Virgil squeaked and looked up at Roman with wide eyes.

"Care to dance, Princess~?" Roman winked.

Virgil rolled his eyes, "Sure, dork."

Roman nodded and leaned back, situating he and Virgil in a standing position as the music continued to play. He placed his hands gently on Virgil's waist, though the boy still flinched, "Now you put your arms around my neck."

Virgil put his hands around Roman's neck in a choking manor, snickering, though not closing his grip tight enough to actually choke him.

"Ha. Ha." Roman dropped his gaze, unamused.

"Hm, sorry." Virgil hummed and put his arms over Roman's shoulders.

"Good...now, just act like you're walking with a pattern of a square." Roman demonstrated, stepping back and then left and forward and right and back again, Virgil shakily following along with him. Roman grinned, "Better...Okay, now let's try doing it but moving a bit more." Roman began with wider steps and carried Virgil with him.

Virgil shyly smirked and looked up to meet Roman's gaze before instantly regretting the Eye-contact and looking just above his eyes, "Is this...right...?" He swallowed before dipping Roman down, now looking over him.

Roman's eyes sparkled, "Almost...you just...have to lean just a bit forward."

Virgil frowned but did as he was told.

Roman grinned and leaned forward at the same moment that Virgil did, causing their facing to bump and their lips to press against each other clumsily.

Virgil's eyes widened in shock before softening as he kissed Roman back quickly, feeling joy bubble up all throughout him as the kiss jolted through him.

Roman was the first to break away by leaning farther back and pulling them both on top of the dark beanbag that they'd nearly tripped over, Virgil landing flat on top of Roman.

Virgil simply laid his head down on Roman's chest with a sigh of contentment and a fast-beating heart, "You know...maybe this is just a little bit- Little. Bit. Better than the list..."

"Shall we do it again~?" Roman suggested, smiling at Virgil.

"Duh."