Sunny with a chance of Virgil

[Requested by Sinnamon_Bun]

Roman sat on the couch of Thomas' living room scrolling through Tumblr. Virgil had begged him to get an account the other day.

And by beg- Roman meant Virgil used the word please once.

It was still an improvement nonetheless, rather than the darker-aspect simply demanding things and scoffing at you.

Actually, now that Roman thought about it- where  as Virgil? Usually he'd use any opportunity possible to hang out with Roman, Roman obviously seeing this in the way that he was always when the others couldn't see. It was strange that he wasn't pestering the prince about some little flaw in his Tumblr posting.

Roman looked up and glanced around the room, flinching and stifling a scream when he spotted Virgil simply standing...waiting in the darkest nook or said living room. Roman blinked in confusion and opened his mouth to speak before Virgil stepped forward, silencing the Prince's unspoken words.

Virgil stepped up to Roman and was nearly nose to nose to him, and would have been if Roman hadn't been sitting on the couch.

"Vir...gil...?" Roman raised a wary eyebrow.

Virgil was silent for a moment before speaking, "Pixar was better."

Roman furrowed his brow, "Pixar is part of D-"

"Before it joined Disney."

Roman's eyes flared with a suddenly ignited flame, but Virgil was gone- running up the stairs and leaping forward to disappear around the corner. Roman leapt to his feet and booked it in the direction that Virgil left, "You're dead when I get you, emo nightmare!" He stepped up the stairs two by two and turned sharply around the corner to see Virgil cowering in the corner with a smug smirk, his arms over his head, "Your arms will not help any punishment one might receive for personally offending Disney." Roman glared.

Virgil lowered his arms and leaned against the wall, bringing his knees to his chest with a small grin, "Does princey have his blazer in a bunch?"

"Oh shut up." Roman crossed his arms with a huff.

"No but like- how many blazers do you even own?" Virgil's grin widened suspiciously.

"To dragon witch afterlife if I know." Roman rolled his eyes as he slowly approached Virgil.

"Do you own...four hundred and twen-"

"DONT." Roman silenced Virgil with a face palm as he stopped a few inches in front of him, then proceeding to bend down onto his knees to face-level with the darker aspect.

Virgil rolled his eyes, "What are you going to do? Charm me to death?"

"Magnificent suggestion!" Roman beamed.

"Oh my god, please don't-" Virgil was cut off as Roman leaned forward so their faces nearly bumped together.

"Here comes the smolder." Roman quoted.

Virgil couldn't stifle a laugh and let out a small snort of amusement, pushing the prince's face away.

Roman grinned before reassuming his position in Virgil's face.

"Princey, I'm feeling second-hand embarrassment for you right now." Virgil snickered.

"There can't be second-hand if there is no first-hand- I find no shame in wooing over a princess!" Roman smiled.

"For the last time I am not a princess." Virgil glared.

Roman took Virgil's chin and tilted it up to directly meet his gaze, "Your bonny eyes disagree."

Virgil's face flushed a bright read, enduring a squeak of success from the prince-aspect. Virgil scoffed and turned his head from Roman's hand, "As if." He folded his arms over his chest.

"Oh come on, Virgil- you don't nearly give yourself the kind of credit you deserve." Roman frowned and sat back into a crisscross sitting position across from Virgil.

"Meaning?" Virgil inquired.

"You act like you're the embodiment of a dark and stormy night." Roman scrunched his shoulders to his cheeks.

"Your words, not mine, and-" Virgil pointed to the stormy cloud emblem on the left side of his jacket, "The signs don't get clearer than that." He shrugged.

Roman sighed before thinking a moment. He smiled and then turned his shoulder to Virgil, "Look at my patch though."

Virgil cocked his head and furrowed his brow in confusion but looked nonetheless, "What about it?"

"See that right there?" Roman pointed to the circular object on the upper-center portion of the patch.

"The...sun?" Virgil frowned.

"Exactly!" Roman grinned, "If you're insisting on being a storm- then maybe I can be the sun?"

Virgil's face grew heated once again, "Alright...sunny-boy."

Roman groaned but smiled fondly despite, standing up and holding out a hand.

Virgil went to grab the hand begrudgingly but Roman withdrew his offer, if only for a moment.

"First pick between Pixar before Disney or Pixar after Disney- and choose correctly this time." Roman smirked.

Virgil inhaled sharply before heaving out his breath, "I...suppose...that Disney always has had the better princes- even if Pixar hasn't a part with that, Disney can get an extra point in my book for that and-" Virgil shook his head, "Roman are you crying?"

"Just- just tearing up- no-no I'm not." Roman shook his head before quickly pulling Virgil up by the hand and sneaking in a quickly twirl before sending him off down the hallway.

The sun would prevail.