CHAPTER 16

They pulled away, out of breath and speechless. Cordelia's hands fell onto Pierce's shoulders and she sighed. "Really? You hate me?" Pierce teased as his usual smirk formed on his lips.

Cordelia slapped his chest and moved away from him. "Of course I hate you." Cordelia sighed and started to walk away from him. He went after her. "Cordelia." He said and grabbed her hand. She pulled it away from him. She didn't know why she kissed him. She was going to reject him and escape with Annabelle. She had a whole plan to do so.

She started to walk again until she entered the pack house and heard laughter. "Oh. Hey Dels." Annabelle waved. Her and Genevieve were playing some kind of card game on the floor of the living room with a bowl of popcorn between them.

Pierce followed shortly after and stood next to Cordelia. "What are you two doing?" He asked, scrunching his nose. "We're playing gin rummy. Wanna join? We can start a new game." Annabelle offered. Pierce shook his head no. "I'm good." He told her. "I.. actually need to talk to Cordelia for a second." He said and looked at Cordelia. "I don't want to talk. I want to play. If you wanted to talk, you would've outside." Cordelia said nonchalantly and looked up at Pierce. "Well you left before I could. Please?" He whispered to her. She groaned. "Fine. Lead the way, Mr. Stubborn butt."

Pierce walked into the hallway and into his office. "What do you want?" She asked him and closed the door behind her. "I just didn't want to sit in there with them. Thought I'd bring you as company." He sighed and sat down in his swirly chair. He tapped the arms of his chair.

Cordelia sat in his lap. "You know there's.. there's a couch right there." Pierce stuttered. Cordelia shrugged. "I want this spot." She told him confidently. Pierce rolled his eyes. "Fine. Whatever." He said. She shifted herself until she was sitting sideways on his lap.

There was a knock on the door. "Come in." Pierce mumbled. The girl from a couple days ago walked in. Her name was Kaden, Cordelia remembered. "Big guy. Clean your dang dishes next time. Okay? When I walked into the kitchen the other day, there was a dirty bowl and spoon. No one lives in this house except for you, Genevieve, and Brian. And I know those two clean their dishes whenever they use them. I won't ask again. Thank you." And with that in mind, Kaden closed the door.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at Pierce. "She hates it whenever I don't clean dishes. She tries to act like a mom or an older sister sometimes. But it's funny to see her get mad." Pierce smiled. She flicked the side of his head. "You shouldn't cause the poor girl any trouble. It's bad enough she's gotta make food an stuff for whatever party that's in a few weeks." She huffed.

Pierce looked up at the girl on his lap. "The whatever party?" He questioned. Cordelia nodded. "Ya. You guys were talking about some type of moon goddess party or whatever the other day when she came into your room."

Pierce exaggerated a sigh and through his head back against the seat. "I knew I was forgetting something. I have to set a day for that." He grumbled and wiped a hand over his face. "You see? Being alpha is a whole lot of this and that. Not fun." He sighed and lifted his head back up. "Wouldn't imagine. Probably worse than being a beta, I guess." Cordelia said. "How would you know what being beta is like?" He asked her. "My mom was one. Always doing this or doing that. Running around. But being alpha is most likely worse. You have a lot more responsibility."

Cordelia sighed. "Where's your beta?" She asked him. He shrugged. "That's actually Genevieve. Female betas are usually unheard of. But some packs will have a female one. She was beta while my father was alpha." He told her. She nodded. Then she thought of something. "If.. if we decided to actually mate.. I would become Luna." She thought out loud. Pierce nodded. "Ya. You would. You'd technically rule over this pack with me."

Cordelia scrunched her face. That was big. Luna doesn't have all of the same responsibilities as alpha but fairly close to it. Luna was also was considered a female alpha.

Cordelia got up from his lap and stretched. "I'm going to go play the card game with them. Care to join?" She asked him as she headed to the door. "Do I have a choice?" He asked her. She paused at the door before she opened it and looked at him. "No. Come on." She smiled at him and opened the door and left.