CHAPTER 17

About an hour into the game, Pierce was growing mad. He couldn't understand the game and every time he thought he did, he would always loose to one of the women. Cordelia tried calming him down but he was still mad that he was loosing. "Talk about a sore looser." Annabelle joked.

Pierce glared up at her. "I'm not a sore looser. You all cheat." He growled and threw his cards on the floor and got up. "I'm.. going to do something. I don't know. I don't want to play anymore." He said and left them and walked into the hallway. "So touchy. Yeesh." Cordelia mumbled.

Yawning, Cordelia rubbed her eyes. "I think I'm gonna retire for the night. I'll see you two tomorrow. Night." She called as she set her cards down and walked to Pierce's room, only to find him laying on the bed on his back, staring up at the ceiling. "What's got you in a sour mood? Is it because you lost?" Cordelia asked in a baby voice when she entered the room.

Pierce snarled at her and turned on his side to look at her. "No. It's because you, Genevieve, and your little friend were cheating." He told her as he propped himself up with his elbow. She walked over to the bed and sat down next to him. "Have you ever played card games, Pierce?" She asked him. He shook his head no. "My parents never played card games with me when they were alive."

Cordelia realized that Pierce was almost naked. He was only wearing his boxers. She bit her lip but then instantly yawned. "Tired?" Pierce asked her. She nodded. He got out of bed. "Okay. I'll go kick the two others out of the living room. You can sleep in here." He told her and started to leave the room.

"You don't have to leave." Cordelia spoke up. Pierce stopped and looked at her. "What?" He asked. Cordelia played with her fingers. "I... I want you in here." She said quietly. "If that's okay with you." Pierce shrugged and laid back down next to her.

Cordelia laid down on the bed and looked up at Pierce. It felt awkward laying in the same bed as him. Much less being in the same room as him. She saw a change in him but he was still mean. She turned over so her back would be to him and she slowly fell asleep.

Pierce pulled the blanket over the already sleeping girl and just laid there, watching her. He wasn't tired yet and his mind was racing. Different things crossed his mind and wouldn't stop. Cordelia unconsciously turned on her back and snored away lightly.

He looked down at her. Such a stupid girl. An annoying, stupid, silly girl. He wanted nothing to do with her and wanted to move on with his life just like normal. Or his terms of normal. But what he felt deep down for her was in the way. He knew that he started to like her. It was an okay feeling but at the same time, he didn't want to feel it. He knew what the pain of loosing a loved one felt like and he wasn't going to let him feel that again.

No one lives forever. People get hurt. People get lost and never come back. People die. If he opened himself up to her and they officially became mates, and she left, died, whatever, he wasn't sure he'd be able to rebuild his walls. To be able to rebuild his already damaged heart.

The more he looked at her, the more he fell. The more his damaged heart desired to be mended by the girl in front of him. But what he's done to her, is unforgivable. First of all he attacked her pack and killed a lot of people. Then he kidnapped her was mean and heartless to her. He gave her a chance to run away from him, to leave and not look back. He knew that she let the others out. She could have easily left with them. But she stayed. Stayed with him. Stayed in the pack.

"Damn you. You stupid, little, annoying, silly girl." He whispered to her as he played with her hair.