Chapter 2

~One Year Later~ (I know...but there's nothing to talk about except learning how to be a vampire and controlling yourself and crap)

I chased a vampire in the woods. He was destroying half the city by killing humans for pleasure. Nessa sent me after him while she hunted down his partner in crime(PIC). I raced through the forest and then leaped into a tree and jumped from tree to tree.(AN: CaptainSparklez tree-tropping anyone?)

Within seconds, I caught up to him and landed right in front of him. He stumbled and almost fell as I smirked at him. He trembled but stood up and prepared to fight. I smirked at him again. "Oh, there's no need for that. This'll be over with no violence at all." I said in a silky and calming voice. He immediately relaxed and I took the chance to catch him off guard and set him on fire.

His screams shook the entire forest. I almost pitied him. I burned myself once...Worst. Pain. EVER. But the guy didn't deserve pity, he killed so many people for fun. Soon, he was reduced to ashes and I kicked the small pile so it was dispersed into the wind.

I felt something stab me from inside. I hiss in pain. Another downside as a vampire...I need blood to live. I stumbled. I had ignored Nessa a month ago. She told me vampires can't last more than a couple weeks. I wanted to train myself to go longer periods. I stumbled to lean on a tree.

Suddenly, a breeze drifted over to me. My eyes snapped open, blood red. I hissed and energy flooded me as the scent of blood filled my body. I sprinted towards the source of the smell and found it: a young boy with a bleeding arm. He was limping.

I snarled at him and he raised his sword and looked around in alarm. I had to resist the urge to smile. I lunged at him and held him up against a tree. His sword had flown across the clearing. He whimpered and his eyes were closed.

I bit into his neck and gulped down his blood greedily. Suddenly, I felt him go limp in my grasp and I let him go in shock. I killed him. Thunder boomed and the nearby river raged and the earth shook. Cracks appeared in the ground.

I ran from the forest and back to my house I shared with Nessa and Alec. I ran inside and slammed the door. Nessa ran to me and calmed me down.

"Sh...sh...what's wrong, Perseus?" She asked worriedly. "I-I...I killed a demigod!" I blurted out. Nessa was shocked. "Oh no...it's coming true." She murmured.

"What is?" She looks at me. "Zeus had warned us to stay away from demigods. A prophecy was named that a child of the Big Three would be killed by one of us. That's why I didn't want you to exercise the length of time you could go without blood."

I was shocked. "Why didn't you just tell me?" She shook her head. "Perseus, it was supposed to happen and I knew even if I told you, it wouldn't have done any good."

"But Nessa, I've put you and Alec in danger!" "No. The gods promised only the vampire who did it would be in trouble. Of course, now I regret that." She sighed.

I hugged her. "Don't worry. I'll survive...hopefully. I'll go to Camp Half-Blood to make it up." "But Perseus, you know it's dangerous if you slip up again!" "I'll keep control and stay under cover." Nessa smiled sadly and hugged me before giving me black contacts. It was one of he only colors that could conceal the red of our eyes.

"Come back in one piece, don't anger anyone immortal or powerful and especially not both, don't piss off any demigods, don't kill anyone unless it's a total idiot or monster-" "I GET IT MOM, BYE!" I yelled before taking off from that torturous lecture.

I sighed before remembering which way Camp Half Blood was. "North...East? Yeah. Or is it just East? I think it's just East...yeah!" I said before running away from the setting sun.

A few hours later, night arrived and Artemis brought the moon up while Apollo went to probably make more haikus, limericks, blah blah blah. I'm standing right outside the camp. What if I can't go in? "Please let me in so I can set stuff right. I know this is a stupid prayer but whatever." I mumble under my breath.

Suddenly, I got a massive headache and dropped to my knees. "Oh gods! Oh Styx, what the Hades?" I whisper-yelled before it went away. I blinked before crouching by a small puddle. WHAT!? GREEN?!?! Oh. My. Gods. My eyes are green again.

Is that good or bad?