Chapter 23*

DANA'S POV

I threw the basketball through the air and it swooshed through the hoop.

"Boys got maaaddd skills." I turned around to Kathlin.

"What are you doing here?" I asked coldly. Joni sent me a text saying that something bad might happen and Kathlin would be coming over.

"The 'tude' is not needed Vaughns." She referred to me by my last name. I rolled my eyes and started dribbling the basketball. Kathlin stole it from me and started singing.

"Coach said to fake right but break left," The high school musical song erupts from her vocal cords as she belts out the words and starts doing the pointers from the song.

"This is not necessary." I say trying to get the ball back from her. In a heap of excitement and dribbles, Kathlin trips me but she also ends up on top of me.

KATHLIN'S POV

'Don't you think you've had enough of Dana?', Joni's voice rings through my ears as I remember what she said earlier. I quickly get off of Dana before anything happens. "I uh I actually came to talk to you but I think I need to go." I stammered.

"But you just got here." Dana said pouting.

"I need to go because your girlfriend will highly mind!" I snapped turning around and leaving him there. I heard the ball slam against the ground and someone punch the fence as I walked away. I wasn't going to turn around to talk to Dana. Joni was right and even though I hate her guts totally and completely, I don't want to hurt her anymore than I already have.

I start walking down the street in silence when someone pulls up beside me in a black Camaro.

"Kathlin.." The person cooed. It was Cole, but I just kept walking.

"Go away Cole." I said.

"But I have a secret to tell you."

JONI'S POV

"Mani, Pedi, and Massage." I told the lady at the front desk of the spa. She smiled up at me and started writing my requests down.

"Today must be a day to rejuvanate." She told me.

"Oh it is." I said. she handed me the paper and I took a seat in the waiting area. I grabbed my magazine, crossed my legs and started reading through.

"Joni?" A girl asked as she sat beside me. I turned my attention toward her and tried to recognize who she was, but I just couldn't. Then she smiled, pushed her hair away from her face, and the image of red punch flashed into my mind.

"Cassidy!!!" I squealed immediately jumping up to hug her. Cassidy is an old friend of mine. We met at Girl Scouts Summer Camp back in second grade and every summer since then, we were in the same cabin, and had a blast.

She was my best friend away from home. Then two years ago, we were banned from attending camp because we pulled a prank on our Cabin Leader. We tied a bucket of red punch to the door so when she opened it, it poured all over her. The problem was, we didn't realize that there were cameras and we'd get caught.

"I was in town and I thought I needed a makeover before tonight." She said.

"Today is my day of relaxation." I said doing a zen figure.

"What's tonight?" I asked suddenly curious of what could be happening in my small town.

"I have a modeling shoot later on, which you should totally come to, and I want to see this band called IM5."

I smacked my face when she said IM5. "Joni! Are you okay?" I shook my head yes and explained to her everything thats been happening between me, Cole, Dana, and Kathlin.

"Oh gosh! Your life is so eventful!" She said excitedly.

"My life? You're a model now!" I said.

"And soon, you will be too."

A/N: Yes I know its short but I actually really liked this chapter. I'll have lots of drama in the next one though so stay tuned.