Chapter 23

**Jack's POV**

Over the next few days November heals. Her strength returns and she is now allowed to walk around.

We're walking in the hallway, my hand holding hers. I tap my staff on the walls, freezing them and creating icy swirls that reach the ceiling.

"Show off," November mutters.

I smile and tap the ground. Ice forms under her feet and she slips and falls on her back. I laugh but am cut off as I fall with her.

"Jack!" She says. We laugh, laying side by side on our backs. I place my hand on her cheek and sit up. I kiss her softly on the lips. Her arms go around my neck and she pulls me closer. She kisses me roughly and I kiss her back. I flip her so she's on top of me and my hands go to her waist. I press her closer to me. I kiss down her jaw, then her neck and she moans softly.

Someone clears their throat. November shoots up and falls off of me. She hits the ground on her back and I sit up and reach for her, pulling her up. November fixes her hair and stares at the one who cleared his throat, Bunny.

I sigh. "What do you want Kangaroo?"

He laughs. "Get a room."

He walks past us and upstairs.

"That was so embarrassing," November says.

"It was just Kangaroo." I say. I stand up and reach my hand out to her. She grabs it and I pull her up.

"You don't think he'll tell anyone.." she whispers.

"Nah," I say. We walk in the opposite direction we were heading to avoid Bunny. "He won't say anything."

She nods.

We walk back to our room. She releases my hand and sits at the desk, staring at her memories that Malachi had handed to her.

"I keep putting off looking at them," she says. She crosses her arms and sets them on the table and leans forward so her chin is propped up.

"Why?" I ask. I stand next to her, my hand on her shoulder.

"I don't know," she whispers. "Maybe I don't want to know. My family doesn't remember me. Why?" Tears fill her eyes.

"I- I thought that didn't bother you."

She closes her eyes. "It shouldn't but it does."

"November," I say. "You should've told me." She puts her head down on her arms. I squat and my hand slides to her back.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. I stare at the side of her head. "I'm sorry I was too weak and I couldn't save you. It's my fault."

She looks up and stares at me. She looks angry. "What?" I ask.

"Jack. You didn't do anything wrong. You saved me. You brought happiness and meaning into my life. Please don't blame yourself." She reaches for my hand. I grab hers and bring it to my lips, kissing the top of her hand. I nod and stand up. She stands as well and wraps her arms around my waist. Her head lays against my chest. My arms wrap around her, my hands on her back. I kiss the top of her head. Then I bring my hand up to stroke her hair. She sighs and looks up. She smiles at me and I smile back. I lean down and press my lips to hers. Her arms wrap around my neck and my hands grip her waist. She kisses me softly at first, then roughly. Her hands drop from my shoulders and slide down my chest. She looks up at me and then down, blushing.

"You're beautiful," I tell her.

She looks up at me. Her face turns red and she bites her lip. She shakes her head as she looks at the floor and her hands go to the locks of curls that hang down to her waist. She runs her fingers down her dark, tangled curls and shakes her head again.