New dreams

Uma's POV
Uma was halfway through her community service hours and Tiana had begun working her harder than before. They had ended their free food initiative for the month and Tiana had decided to actually put her to work to get the rest out of the way. Harry hadn't come back knowing that Trevor was there, but the latter had definitely started backing off of her once he realized how quickly Harry can really become unhinged. In fact, he had started treating her as a human being instead of a prize in some sort of weird competition with Harry, something she was truly grateful for. On this particular day at Tiana's Palace Uma was serving food to a group of teenagers when she overheard an all too familiar Scottish accent ask "Can I talk to  Uma?" and she turned to the host station where her boyfriend stood, talking to Trevor who nodded and pointed him in her direction.

Telling her table that she'd be back to check on them Uma hurried over to Harry, worried about yet another near altercation between him and Trevor. She was surprised when she got closer and they were actually having a civil conversation. Since when did this development happen? she wondered, not that she was complaining at all. It was nice not having to keep the son of Captain Hook from murdering Tiana's son for a change. Uma made her presence known to the both of them and immediately Harry drew her in for a hug and Trevor excused himself to go tend to one of his own tables. When he was gone Uma signaled to Tiana that she was going to take a quick break, curious as to why Harry was visiting unannounced again. She hung her apron on the back of an unoccupied chair and walked outside with Harry in tow.

She never even got the chance to ask Harry what had brought him there, he beat her to it "I got my letter back from the Royal Navy today." He stated proudly, unable to help the grin that fought its way onto his face. He had applied for the Junior Advanced Naval Program (JANP) weeks ago in high hopes that he'd been expected.  He had gotten a letter telling him that his application was being reviewed two weeks ago, so Uma knew how important this letter was for him. As any good girlfriend would she wanted him to get it so he could secure a better future for himself. Almost as excited as he was Uma asked "What does it say? Did you get into the advanced program?" expecting him to give a yes or no answer but Harry just shrugged. She was about to ask him why he didn't know but he beat her to the punch, saying "I haven't opened it yet, I wanted you to be there." and Uma was flattered that he wanted to include her in what would probably be the biggest moment in his life.

Looking at the time on her phone Uma knew she wouldn't have time to read the letter and then either celebrate or comfort him right now, she still had an hour left of community service that day and she wanted to get it done as soon as possible. She noticed that he had pulled the official-looking envelope from his pocket and was about to open it but Uma stopped him "We'll read it later. I get done here in an hour, I'll come straight back to the school after and we can do it then." She told him, she really felt like this moment needed to be between just them anyway, no audience needed...especially if he didn't get the answer he wanted. Harry seemed to agree because he nodded and put the letter away. Pulling her close once more Harry kissed her, Uma's hands immediately going to his hair. They stayed like that for what felt like forever, as all of their kisses seemed to do lately. When he tried to deepen it Uma used her hand in his hair to gently pull him away. They were both breathless when she said: "I really should get back inside." Though she really didn't want to part with him at all. 

She loved every moment that she got to spend with him, and it was clear that he felt the same about their time together. After a series of quick kisses, Uma finally untangled her hands from Harry's hair and, hesitantly, separated herself from him.  One final quick kiss and Harry told her goodbye before walking off in the direction of the park, making Uma think he was probably out with a friend or two. Now it was just her and Uma kind of felt awkward just standing outside. Her mind stuck on Harry's lips and whatever the letter might say Uma walked back into Tiana's to see the restaurant owner's knowing smile "And who was that?" She asked, a glint in her eyes. Uma grabbed her apron and slipped it over her head before answering "Harry." simply, making sure her notepad and pen were still in the pocket up front. Uma had begun fixing the bun her hair had been in when Tiana asked "And Harry is?" obviously wanting details. Feeling it was best to keep her personal life and community service separated she answered "He's just a really good friend of mine." not wanting to give away too much.

What Uma appreciated most about Tiana was that she normally wasn't one to pry into her personal life, so she was caught off guard when the princess inquired "Do you kiss all of your friends like that?" making Uma blush noticeably, Tiana had figured it out. Knowing there was no point in lying she admitted "Okay, so he's more than just a friend. He's my boyfriend, is that going to be a problem?" she asked, it came out a little more sarcastically than she had intended. Putting her hands up in surrender Tiana said "No, not at all. I just noticed how close you seemed the last time he came up here and then you were kissing today." probably feeling as she had intruded too far into Uma's her personal life.  Though she wished her tone had been slightly different Uma was relieved the subject had been dropped and she was able to get back what she was there for. Her community service and not a weird social experiment.

The remainder of her community service was spent doing what she was supposed to before she was finally released and allowed to go back to the school. Uma had Tiana sign off on her hours for the day before hanging up her apron, collecting the tips she'd made and got into the limo to head back. Thirty minutes after their arrival Uma couldn't find Harry and figured he was probably still in the city with whoever he'd gone with. She decided to take the opportunity to get a shower and then catch up on some homework she had been neglecting due to her community service. Her phone was still on silent so she didn't hear when she got a text from Harry, asking her to go to the courtyard with him that evening after they ate dinner. 

Uma's outfit