Rain

AN- some spoilers for the It movie but nothing major.

~

For @EddsworldFan

~

I'm standing on Michael's doorstep, rubber boots on my feet, a raincoat over my shoulders, and armed with an umbrella.

"Jeremy? What are you doing here?" He questions me, opening the door not but five seconds after I've knocked.

"Wanna go splash in the puddles?" I ask, gesturing behind me, where a quiet and pleasant rain has been brewing for the past few hours.

Michael's confusion melts away into what I can only describe as the most adorable laughter I've ever heard in my entire life. His face lights up and his eyes get all squinty and his voice is like church bells; it's gorgeous.

"Let me go put on some shoes," he says, turning around to go do so. I wait where I am not because I'm a polite guest and I wasn't invited in, but because Michael's mom just got the floors redone, and she would actually kill me if I tracked anything in the house.

Michael comes back about two minutes later, dressed similarly to me. "Let's go," he says and runs outside. I follow suit and we begin splashing around like children. I kick up some water and accidentally douse Michael.

"Oops...?" I offer, shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh, you're dead, Heere," Michael says as he takes a few steps back. He runs forward and splashes as much water as he can at me, soaking me to the bone. "You're on, Mell," I smirk and throw water at him. Michael jumps back in a futile attempt to not get wet, but fortunately for me (and unfortunately for him), when he jumps back he lands in a mud puddle and falls back. I can tell he's not hurt, despite landing flat on his back, due to the huge grin on his and the laughter escaping from his lips. I can't look at him cackling madly while rolling in the mud without letting out my own airy laugh, which eventually turns into some sort of thing where I'll snort because Michael just looks so dumb and then I'll gasp for air because oh yeah, that's a thing I need.

Once I collect myself, I go to help Michael back to his feet, but he smirks. He pulls me down with him, and I land face first not in the mud but face first on Michael (specifically his slightly pudgy stomach, which I adore). "Hey, graceful," he says and I look up at him. He's gazing down at me, looking completely and utterly in love, and I can't help but swoon. The romantic moment is snapped in half when Michael shoves me off and into the mud next to him, which ultimately backfires on him because when I land in the puddle, a good amount of grime is splattered onto his face, yet magically avoids hitting his glasses. I snicker as he tries to wipe it off his face, but only smears it in more.

"Karma, bitch,"

"Shut up, you dick,"

"Love you, Mikey,"

"Love you too." He pauses. "Dick."

"Michael, we all know you love my dick,"

My joke is far-fetched, but it still makes his face blares red. "Sh-shut up! You know what I meant!"

"Do I?" I ask, before falling into a fit of laughter once more, now clutching at my stomach.

Yeah... we aren't above dick jokes.

Michael jumps to his feet and offers his hand to me. "Don't pull me down. 'Cause if I land on you, I'll snap you in half, you beanpole."

"Touché,"

He helps me to my feet and the rain is pouring so hard at this point, the mud on us is washed off in a matter of seconds. Michael looks upward and opens his mouth, trying to catch some water in his mouth. Once he gets a satisfactory amount, he swallows and glances over at me. "Dude, are you not gonna get some?"