Risk

AN- PLEASE READ!!! okay so this is like,,,,, super shitty but it's long and it got some smut (which lots of people have asked for you horny fucks need to chill). This work is incomplete, so read with that in mind. I just want to get this off the little-unpublished thing. I'll probably never come back to it, sorry in advance. There are lots of requests and I want to get to them all! (you can still send those in btw, just comment or DM me) The next one should come out sooner than later and I think it's gonna be a good one :)

~

For @trashcannnnnnnnn (sorry for not finishing whoops)

~

"You gotta but her a rose! Compliment her on her clothes!"

"Uh, say you appreciate that she's smart...?"

"Nah, man, you tell her that she excites you sexually!"

"Rich, that is such an awful idea!"

"Michael, you have no idea what girls even like!"

"Yeah, but I'm not an idiot! Who would even want to be asked out like that?"

"Me!"

"Of course you would. You know, most-"

"Boys!" Mr. Heere interrupts us. "He's already gone off to talk to her."

"What?!" We both shout, and I move closer to the pair to hear their conversation. If Rich weren't in a hospital bed, I'm sure he'd come with me.

"I still remember how it felt. It's embarrassing to find out, deep down, I just want things to be easy."

"Yeah, but... who wants things to be hard? Look, I almost destroyed the school, maybe all human civilization. I know the last thing I deserve is another shot. But..."

"Just say what's on your mind, Jeremy."

"Lunch? Just the two of us?"

"And any voices in our heads?"

"There might be voices in our heads, but I swear the voices there will be the regular kind."

"Me and the voices in my head have made up our collective mind."

"What do they say we should do?"

"I think that all of us want to go out with you."

Jeremy breaks out into a smile that radiates only pure, unfiltered joy. "Really?"

Christine nods, also grinning madly.

I know it sounds like an awful thing for me to say about my best friend and the girl he's been pining after since, like, freshman year, but still. The sight of them being happy together shatters my already broken and tattered heart. It's not that I don't like seeing them happy, or anything; Jeremy's real laugh is the best thing I'll ever hear, and Christine seems like a pretty good person. The thing is, I just don't like seeing them happy together. As a couple. It's a dick thing to feel at a time like this, I know, but Jeremy's been batting around my heart for over six years now. The whole thing with the squip really crushed it, but now? Now my heart has been obliterated, and there's practically nothing that'll bring it back.

After chatting about the details, Christine says that her dad is outside waiting for her and that she has to go, but she's pumped for next Saturday! As soon as she leaves, Jeremy turns around to face me, and god, does he look excited. I catch his attention and he runs over to me.

"Michael!"

"Jeremy!"

I expect him to go in for the hug like he always does when we haven't seen each other in a while, but no. I don't even get a chance to do our secret handshake or properly greet him before he starts ranting off about Christine.