The Arrival

When I arrived in Westeros' capital I was shocked. The Red Keep and the Great Sept of Baelor stood high in the city. It was beautiful, but it turned out that its outward appearance was superficial.

  As the carriage was being pulled by the horses in the streets, the smell of human remains was gut-wrenching enough to make even the strongest of stomachs want to barf and the sea breeze mixed with these smells made them even more pungent. I looked out the window to see mass amounts of starving, moneyless people begging for food. Although my heart was breaking for them, I couldn't do anything. There are too many people in Kings Landing to help and the wealthy who could make a change wouldn't give them a second look. They are immensely selfish and too busy scheming, back-stabbing or being down-right cocks.

   We finally stopped in front of the Red Keep.
The first person I laid eyes on as I stepped out onto the cobblestone ground was Lord Eddard Stark.
"My Lord", I said as a bowed my head.
"It's good to know we have another Northener here. I'm getting quite tired of this place and someone like you, Lady Overton, makes this experience more bearable. Welcome to Kings Landing", Ned Stark smiled and had a small chuckle.

   I've heard stories that our Warden of the North was a ferocious and skilled warrior but I could tell that beneath his solemn face, he was a good man with a kind heart. I also noticed that he hadn't changed his attire to fit that of Kings Landing. He was still wearing Northern clothing.
I looked behind him and saw his two daughters, Sansa and Arya Stark. Arya was glancing off into the distance and looking as though she couldn't give a damn about my arrival and would rather be somewhere else playing. Sansa on the other hand, was giving me a small smile.
"Thank you, Lord Stark. Your welcome is very much appreciated".
"Father, can I go back and practice sword training with Master Forel now?", Arya whined.
Sansa spoke up, "Shh, Arya! You have to be a Lady one day and if people hear you they might think your some freak so-". Sansa stopped mid speech due to her father eyeing her harshly.
"Yes Arya you may, but as soon as you are acquainted with Lady Overton", Ned Stark responded.
"I'm Arya Stark of Winterfell", she said and began walking up the stairs of the Red Keep.
I replied ,"It was a pleasure meeting you!"
"You too!", she said practically yelling because she was so far away.
I laughed shaking my head amusingly.
"She's seems wonderful and like a little ball of fire".
"Wait until you get to know her. She's more than a ball of fire, she's the Seven Hells".
"Sansa, that's enough now", Ned said firmly "This is my eldest daughter, Sansa".
"How was your travels?", she asked.
"Rather dull. The Kingsroad was quite muddy and horrible for a supposedly grand road", I answered and Sansa giggled.
"Look, I need a friend here in Kings Landing and I was wondering if you wanted to be that said friend? Us Northern girls need to stick to together", I asked.
Sansa had a huge grin plastered across her face.
"I would be honoured Lady Overton. It's quite lonely here".
"Call me Ella".
She nodded.
"Sansa! What are you doing? You're supposed to be studying Westerosi history at this very mome-", a Septa yelled from the top of the steps but stopped as soon as she realised that she was in the company of Lord Stark.
"I beg your pardon my lord. I didn't mean to interrupt", she said clearly flustered.
"It's alright Septa Mordane. My daughter will be joining you know"
"But father, I do-"
"Do as your told Sansa. You can see Lady Overton later. I have matters I need to discuss with her. Off you go".
With a huff, Sansa trudged her way up towards her Septa.

Stark turned to me, "I presume you know why you're here?"
I nodded.
"I'm here to wed", I stated in monotonous voice wishing to be with where Sansa is. This marriage nonsense was about to make my head implode.
"Yes. However, you do not have to unify with your betrothed right away. You can take as long as you want. The court just wishes to see you promised to your betrothed".
"May I ask who is my intended husband?"
"Yes, it is Petyr Baelish or more commonly known as Littlefinger".

Before I came to Kings Landing my father spoke about the people I should trust and should not. And Petyr Baelish was not one of the trustworthy people.