Empty

Dom POV

I sat down on the curb and watched the woman I loved leave my life. I noticed now the throbbing pain in my knee from running after her. Slowly I stood and walked back inside, the girl who kissed me smiling innocently by the door.

"Was that your girlfriend." I walked past her and to Dana and his brother Colin.

"I'm gonna head out."

"So soon, I just saw Lana walk in a few minutes ago." I rubbed the back of my neck as I tried to find the words.

"She left. We just broke up. Some girl kissed me Lana thinks I'm a scumbag." I laughed bitterly before starting to head for the door. The two brothers were probably utterly confused. I'd never felt so sober after a night of drinking. The drive back home felt empty and the house as quiet as a funeral without her presence. I sat down and pulled out my phone dialing the number I now knew by heart.

"Hi you've reached Lana I can't come to the phone right now so leave a message." The tone beeped.

"Lana babe, come home." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "You're right. You're so right beautiful I don't need any of those things you mentioned. I only need you. You mean everything to me and that girl kissed me. You know I would never hurt you-"

"If you are finished recording this message press-" I hung it up and tossed it beside me on the sofa before loosening my tie. I stood and winced for a moment before cursing under my breath as my knee gave out. I knew that feeling so well. It had happened the very same way eight months ago, except this time I didn't have Lana by my side. Slowly I made my way upstairs, carefully changing before starting to pack a duffle. If this was going to happen again I was going through it alone. I was going to admit defeat right away.

I made my way to the hospital, taking the back roads to draw out the drive. Only when I entered the hospital did it hit me that she was gone. It felt as if a ghost was standing in her place which was always beside me. I limped up to the nurse's station as I spoke.

"My ACL is torn."

"Sir, how would you know that?"

"I remember the feeling now can I just get a fucking room and get it fixed!" I snapped at her before she scurried off to handle it. My phone buzzing violently in my pocket before I dug it out and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Honey how was the party?" There were two people in this world I didn't want to ever disappoint. One of which stormed out of my life mere hours ago and the other on the phone.

"Mom I screwed up." I sat down in the wheel chair as the nurse motioned to it. "This girl kissed me. and Lana saw. She ran mom. She's gone. She told me to get out of her life." I swallowed the lump in my throat. " In the process of chasing her I tore my ACL again so I'm at the hospital."

"Dominick, which hospital I'm on my way." She turned serious and surely she'd give me a piece of her mind upon arrival.

"The same one as last time. Mom I don't know what I'm gonna do."

"We'll talk after surgery. I love you son."

"Love you too." I hung up as the nurse stopped at the room and motioned to the bed and hospital clothes.

"Go ahead and get changed, we'll do xrays and a MRI to see what's going on in there. Hopefully have you all wrapped up in a few hours." I nodded before hobbling over to the bed and leaning against it, putting the weight on my good leg as she left. Already I was dialing that number again listening to her voice before the beep.

"Lana it's me. Listen I tore my ACL again and I don't expect you to come to the hospital, but I wanna tell you that I love you. I love you so much and I'm sorry. I can't take back what happened warrior princess, but know that I'm never gonna give up on us cause you're the only real thing I've got besides my family." It cut me off again and I sighed, sitting down my phone before slowly getting changed. Already my phone was blowing up once more with news of me being at the hospital.

I tugged off my shoes before my shirt then caught sight of the watch snug against my wrist. Carefully I removed it and looked at the back, biting roughly on the inside of my cheek as I ran my finger over the engravement. I sat it down on the night stand beside the hospital bed and laid down once I was changed, my  sights only set on watching the watch even through the testing. All I wanted was for time to fly once more. I didn't care about the fighting. The belt. None of it in that moment.

"Mr. Cruz I need you to count down from 10 alright?"

"10...9....8" Oblivion. Where time flies the fastest without you even knowing it. Yet on the other side when I awoke she still wasn't there. The seat empty where she sat once before and my mother looking at me. She looked exhausted and dare I say I blamed myself. She slowly walked over and sat down beside my bed before biting the inside of her cheek.

"Hey how are you feeling?"

" Not drugged up this time." I mumbled and looked to the watch before picking it up.

"I need to tell you something and you need to understand it isn't your fault alright?" My heart nearly stopped yet she placed her hand on mine. "Dana called me. Honey you're no longer the Bamtamweight champion. He stripped you of the belt since you won't be able to fight." I zoned out looking at the watch. Now I was officially nothing. A nobody.