Madhouse Crush

I woke up early knowing today was my last day here, tomorrow I can go home. Slowly sitting up, I tried to focus my eyes in the nearly black room. I rubbed my face, then crawled out of bed, walking to the edge of the room into bathroom, my feet hit the cold tile sending a shock through my body, snapping me awake. I undressed, went potty, and then started my shower, while I waited for it to warm up, I smiled to myself. This was my last day at the hospital, I can go home. I was excited to be out, but scared to go back to reality. I checked the water to make sure it was warm enough, and then got in the shower. Letting the hot water run over me, I looked at my left arm, sighing, I thought to myself, never again, I ran my fingers over my healing cuts and my scares. I stopped myself from crying  and continued with my shower. Once I was finished I got out and grabbed the plain white, fluffy robe, that was hanging on the back of the bathroom door. I slipped it on and walked back to my bed laying back down waiting for my nurse to come tell me breakfast was here. I love breakfast, but I didn't want to eat today, I'm too excited to eat. I pushed my wet hair above my head, so that it wasn't touching my back. As I laid there, all I could think of is being home, or the mess that I call, my home.

THUD. THUD. THUD.

Knocks on the solid door pounded, and then a voice called, "breakfast will be here in 5!" It was my nurses voice, she slowly opened my door, just enough to poke her head through. "You want to get dress, sweetie, and come take your meds before breakfast?"

"Yeah.." I sighed sharply. "Are my clothes finished? I would really like to have those on today, so I'm not in these hospital clothes no more."

"Oh! Of course! Let me get them for you after breakfast." She beamed as she shut my door. I murmured sitting up, hopped off the bed and through on the bleak hospital pants with matching shirt. I slowly made my way to the middle of the ward to the nurses station. My friend Erika was standing in line waiting for her meds. I quickly go behind her in line and smacked her long hair. She giggled and turned to me.

"I'm so sad your leaving," she groaned giving me the puppy eye look, "can't you stay longer? or at least till I leave?"

"I'm better, I don't need to be here anymore," I lied, "besides you have other friends here, like Shelly and Alyssa." she gave me a dirty look, then turned back around to take her meds, then walked off to the dinning room table for her breakfast. I watched her walk away, then took my meds and followed after her. As I arrived I saw Shelly and Alyssa already at the table. Erika plop down across from the girls. I smiled and sat down next to Erika. Shelly smiled and asked,

"So are you leaving today, or did you decide to try and stay longer?" The nursed walked by us with our meals and we all got quiet, we smiled as she gave us our food, then walked back to the nurses station. I opened my mouth to reply, 

"No, she's leaving us today!" Erika interrupted tearing up.

"Why?!" Shelly and Alyssa  sadly question.

"Because I don't need to be here no more, I willingly came here, remember?" I told them. They all looked at me with low-spirits then carried on to eating their food. "You guys aren't really mad at me, because I'm leaving, are you?" I looked at the girls concerned. "Well, I'm sorry you all are so butt hurt that I'm leaving,"I started to tear up, "I love you guys, you all became my close friends while I've been here, but I have to go back home, I have responsibilities to own up to, I'm not living with my parents, so I can't just stay as long as I please! I just don't understand why you all are so upset about it!?" I pushed myself away from the table and marched off to my room, shutting the door quietly. I sadly curled up on my window ledge staring out into the garden, it sparkled with snow ever so beautifully. I knew why Erika was so upset. Her and I had a thing for each other since she showed up, she had the room next to mine, I knew that she was off limits though because I was 19 and she was 17. I started to remissness when she arrived, it was still clear as day.