Halloween

Leaves rustled in the cold wind, and the trees gently swayed to mother natures soothing melody. Penny hummed happily and twirled in her costume. Her mom had taken her to the store and let her pick out this years outfit. Last year she had been an ugly witch, but this year, she wanted to dress up in something Bolt would like. So when she saw the angel outfit at the store, she knew she had to get it. Her fluffy white wings stretched out behind her, and she had put makeup on to make herself just a bit more pale. A knock on her door let her know it was her mom. "Sweetie, are you ready? Bolt is downstairs and waiting for you." Penny straightened her long dress, and opened the door. Practically dancing down the stairs, she couldn't wait to see what her Bolty had dressed up as for this year. Entering the living room, she saw Bolt sitting by the door in the most handsome costume ever. This year he had dressed up in a Tuxedo. His white fur contrasted perfectly with the black Tux. Penny actually blushed a bit from his handsome appearance. "Now you two have a good time, and watch out for the skeptical looking people." Rolling her eyes Penny opened the door and stepped outside into the frigid air. A dark overcast sky met her and Bolt's gaze. Parading down the boulevard were dozens of kids. Some with their moms and some with their dads. Penny didn't see a single kid traveling with their dog. 'Oh, great, It seems as though I'm the only one on the block who takes their dog trick or treating with them,' Penny thought. Since her mom lived in the country, they had taken the yearly travel to the neighboring town of Melvindale where her Aunt lived. Walking down the steps, Penny joined the rush of skeletons, werewolves, vampires, ghosts, and worst of all... "Aww hell no, " Penny said to herself. Across the street walked a pair of sisters dressed up as Anna and Elsa from Frozen. Shivering, (but not from the cold), Penny stalked off down the street with Bolt beside her. The first house they hit, an old lady, was handing out suckers and tootsie rolls. "Trick or Treat," Penny said, holding out her pillowcase. (She preferred to use one.) The old lady smiled and said, "Awww, you two are so cute! Luckily I have treats specially bought for dogs! Here you go buddy." The old lady grabbed a handful of different flavored doggy treats for Bolt, and a handful of suckers and tootsie rolls for Penny. "Happy Halloween!" The lady said as Penny and Bolt walked away. The second house they hit, they got some different variety of candy. And the third house they stopped at had a woman and her dog handing out sweets. "Hello young lady!" She greeted happily. "Having a good Halloween so far?" Penny nodded. The woman smiled, "Well that's good. Say that's a very handsome gentleman you have with you. White Shepherd?" Penny nodded and said, "Yep, his names Bolt, he's about 6 years old." The woman nodded and said, "This is my Bentley, he is 6 years old as well." The dog next to her sat up when hearing her name and curiously sniffed Bolt. 

-Bolt's POV- 

As we approached the house, I instantly noticed the German Shepherd laying beside his human. He looked shady, but I decided to approach him anyways. While my Penny was talking to his human, he did something weird. He came up to me and sniffed my muzzle. "Hey buddy, what're you doing?" The Shepherd looked at me and said, "You have a very pretty human." I cocked my head confused. "Ummm, excuse me?" The Shepherd seemed to sneer at me. "You heard me pretty boy, your human is pretty cute. You got a problem with me saying that?" I barred my fangs and took a defensive stance. "Yes as a matter of fact I do. You keep your paws off of my human, or there will be consequences, fluffball," I growled. 

-3rd Person POV-

Penny stopped in the middle of her sentence when she heard a menacing growl. Penny turned to look at Bolt and saw his fur was on end and his fangs were exposed. "Bolt? Are you okay?" The woman noticed Bolt and said, "Hm, he must not like him. Better get him away before they fight." Nodding Penny grabbed Bolt's collar and pulled him back, Bolt wouldn't budge. "Come on Bolt, he's not worth the trouble," Penny whispered in his ear. 

-Bolt's POV-

"Yeah buddy, you better listen to your human, I'm not worth the trouble." Bolt snarled. The Shepherd tsk tsked, "Such a temper, better save your strength for tonight. You'd better keep that girl close, or she's mine." With tears in his eyes, Bolt lunged at the Shepherd but was restrained by Penny. Barking and snapping viciously, Bolt was forcefully pulled away from the other dog. 

-3rd Person POV- 

"Bolt!" Penny shouted, pulling hard on his collar. "What has gotten into you? It's just another-" "Nooooo! Penny you don't understand! He wants to hurt you!" Penny stopped pulling, and stared wide eyed at Bolt. "B-Bolt, did you just talk?" Her Shepherd looked up at her, "P-Penny you can understand me?" It wasn't like he was talking through his mouth, but like through her head, she could hear his words. "Bolt...," Penny said, before she realized that people were starting to stare. She let go of his collar and said, "Come on Bolty, lets go home." At that point, the both of them had forgotten about trick or treating. 

*So how did you like this chapter huh? Should I make them longer? Or keep them the same length? What do you think of Bolt's new ability? Well I'll be working on the Next chapter after school tomorrow because you know, fuck school. But as usual, Bolt, and Penny, and her mom are all characters belonging to Disney, NOT me. I don't own any of them boi."