Chapter 2

Bella's P.O.V

The cake is suddenly all over my face my dress and shoes. Thats just great. But it's my birthday so I'm going to be positive.

"Mmm, is that red velvet?" I say trying to lighten the mood. Everyone laughs and the person who was holding the cake was actually my mom, which I'm not surprised it was her who fell.

"Oh honey. I'm so so sorry this is probably like the third birthday I've done this?" My mom apologizes coming up to me and wiping my eyes that are covered in frosting.

"It's okay mom I was hoping that the day before I finally shifted I wouldn't be covered in cake." I reply, she's tripped dropping cake on me before and it was not pretty. She just laughs gives me a hug and says she has to go get the backup cake. We always have a backup cake because stuff like this happens.

"Ummm Bella it's time to go meet that certain someone now." Shenae reminds me.

As I go down the stairs into the basement I smell mint and vanilla and I just can't help myself to want more. All I can think of is that glorious smell and who it belongs to.

I walk into the room to see Trent there patiently standing their waiting for me. He says something but it's too quiet for even me, a werewolf, could hear.

"What did you just say?" I ask.

"Mate." He says louder.

No. Fucking. Way. The guy I've been crushing on for years is actually my mate? At least I don't have to worry about Dominic being my mate anymore.

Back to reality, I'm still looking at him with wide eyes while speechless and he's just staring back waiting for me to say something.

"Is this really what having a mate feels like? Like your scent is the only thing I want to smell for the rest of my life?" I question.

"It is, and you should see how it feels to touch your mate and to feel all the electricity between us. At least that's what I've been told by your brother."

Crap, my brother. What is he going to do when he finds out that he's my mate?

"Jax. He's going to murder you because you're my mate!" I exclaimed.

"Jax has known you were my mate for as long as I have. He's completely fine with it, well not completely but he'll come around." He stammers.

I start walking closer to him longing to feel the touch of his fingers on my skin. I go to grab his hand but he just couldn't be patient so he cups my face with both his hands and kisses me, and fuck that kiss was amazing because I know he's the one I'll be spending my life fore- wait a second.
I pulled away from the kiss to ask him yet another question.

"How many girls have you been with when you knew I was your mate?"

"I'm not going to lie to you and say none. So I'll just tell you the truth, I've been sleeping around with two of the same girls for 6 years since I found out. But as I've also been maturing I realized how wrong it is knowing that I know who my mate is and I should've saved myself longer for you. Even though I wasn't a virgin when I found out." He explained.

Knowing he's been with girls while he knew I was his mate kind of hurts, but I understand how he would want to sleep with other women while waiting for me. Also it's not technically cheating.

"It's alright, I didn't know we were mates yet and it's not like it's cheating if we're not together." I say.

"Are you saying we're still not together after you just found we're destined to be with each other until we die?" He asks.

"Wait no! That's not what I meant at all. I mean I'm so used to regular relationships and all that so I felt like you needed to ask me ou-" I ramble until he cuts me off with another incredible kiss. Having a mate is amazing it feels like I'm on cloud nine or something.

"Bella?! What's taking you so long?" Shenae comes down to ask me, also interrupting our kiss.

"Holy shit! Bella it is your birthday you have a mate somewhere out there waiti-. Wait.... He's your mate isn't he.."

I nod and she squeals running up to hug me. I think she's more happier than me.

Looks like it.

What the hell was that?!

I'm your wolf, Maya.

Wow this is weird.

You think this is weird for you? I live inside another species until you shift.

Well damn. I like you!

I like you too!

I'm having such a fun time talking to my wolf in my head that I don't even notice I'm laughing and how Trent and Shenae are looking at me crazy right now.

"Oh sorry. I just met my wolf, it's amazingly weird!" I say excitedly.

"I remember when I first heard Kyser in my head. It was freaky." Trent says, wrapping his arm around me.

"You do remember she's covered in cake right?" Shenae asks wiping a some frosting from my hair.

"Oh yeah I'm gonna go change. Trent do you wanna help me?" I ask my mate knowing he will not pass up this opportunity. He looks at me like if he was a child who just tried candy for the first time. He picks me up bridal style and we head to my room. I mouth sorry to Shenae while we're leaving.

We get to my room and I immediately dash for the bathroom.

"This should be five minutes it happens every year." I mutter to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's the second chapter after a year ahaha. I suck :)
Characters are in the picture •3•