Thunderstorms

Y/n pov

As a kid I was always afraid of thunderstorms, especially when they woke me up. Seeing lightening used to make my heart race. The thunder was always so loud that you would think a 1000ft drum be getting hit. As I got older the fear slipped away and I learned to love storms. I would sit in my bedroom at night and watch the lighting through my window as the drops fell down. The coldness of the window as I touched it made me shiver but that only made me more exited. Eventually when I turned 15 I would sit up with my window open, snuggled in a blanket and sweatshirt with a blanket around my bottom, usually tea or hot chocolate in my hand enjoy the weather. That same year my friend had died in a crash in one of those storms. I stopped liking the rain and became afraid to dive or be driven in the rain. About a year later I wasn't scared but didn't watch storms still. I met Cameron that same year. He asked me to be his girlfriend 6 months later and of course I said yes. I was visiting him in California for a week before school started back up. We were on the balcony as the clouds started to get dark. I told Cam to sit inside by the sliding doors. I ran up to his bedroom and grabbed a big, fuzzy grey blanket. I grabbed his yellow sweatshirt for me and a black one for him. I put the stuff down and said "don't touch." I ran into the kitchen looking for hot chocolate or tea. I eventually found one of both. I made the cup of hot chocolate and tea in about 10 minutes since the water boiled. I went back to the door setting the cups down I. Front of the door. I looked at everything before realizing I need a towel. I grabbed a towel out of the closet and setting it right in front of the door so the floor wouldn't get wet. I slipped on the yellow sweatshirt. "Put this on" I said laughing handing him the black sweatshirt. He smiled and pulled in on. I put half gray blanket around my waist and legs before going it to Cam. He did the same thing, I gave opened the door and handed him the hot chocolate. I sipped my tea as the thunder and lightning started. A small smile was on my lips. I sat my tea down and cuddled into Cameron's side. He wrapped his arm around me just as the rain started. I watch the beautiful scene before me. I looked up at Cam to see him looking at me. I blushed and smiled at him. "What are you looking at" "The most beautiful girl in the world" "That was so cheesy" I said shaking my head. "Y/n, I love you" "I love you too Cam" he pulled me in for a sweet, passionate kiss. We pulled away and watched the storm for another 20 minutes before deciding to go watch a movie on Netflix.