Chapter 1 - The DJ

*Claire's P.O.V.*

---

"Thanks for comin' here tonight, Y'all! Catch me here again next Saturday night. And, just enjoy the rest of the night with the next DJ. Here's DJ D." I said through the loud mic and took a bow.

As I went down from the stage, someone covered my eyes.

"Guess who I am?" The person asked while making her voice deep and loud since the music is so freaking loud. And, I already knew who it was.

"You know what, Shay, you are the only one who always smells like vanilla and rose," I uttered as I removed her hands from my face, and she pouted.

"Hmmm, whatever, Babe..." She replied, then kissed my cheek and smiled widely.

This girl is sometimes crazy, but I love her so much. She's always there for me whenever I need her.

"So, how's the night goin'?" I asked her while we walked to the counter.

"Well, it's the same as usual. A lot of customers, and there are lots and lots of hot girls and girls around, yeah," she answered and ordered a bottle of water for me from the bartender.

I work in a club but I don't drink alcohol, I can't get drunk. And, I am still underaged.

"Hmmm, so... have you scored on any of the hot girls and girls you've seen around?" I asked her curiously, and I chugged down my bottle of water in half.

"Well, hehe. Nope." She answered and was surprised when I almost hit her straight in the face with the water that I had spit out of my mouth.

This girl is so gorgeous yet doesn't know how to have herself even a single relationship, or even a one-night stand. She's just too cowardly to approach and talk to a girl that she really likes, and hates it when a girl or guy will approach her that she doesn’t have a preference for.

Yep, she is a lesbian and she is my only cousin, Shane Karla Knight. She told me about her sexuality four years ago, and I don't hate her. She's my cousin, my only friend, best friend, sister, and at the same time my boss. She owns the club and it is named after her family, The Knight’s Club. And, this is one of the most famous clubs around the city and lots of people are coming here.

I started being a DJ here when I was still fifteen and the people love me and my music.

My name is Claire Daven Lawrence, but I don't honor my second name because it was from my stupid, asshole of a father. And, my stage name is DJ XCeed.

"Uh, okay. That will be fine, Shay. You know, if the right time will come, that real and true love of yours will be the one to come to you. You don't have to rush." I told her while rubbing her back.

"Yep, you're right, Baby Girl, and yours will come to you too. I just can't wait for it to happen. I can't imagine a happy Claire with the love of her life kissing, holding hands, dating, kissing and... and lovey-dovey with each other and *smack* shit!" She was not able to finish rambling about my non-existent love life when I purposely smacked the back of her head to shut her off.

"What was that for?" She cried out while rubbing the part where I hit her.

I just smirked at her and shrugged my shoulders, then, I stood up to go to the ladies’ room. I just have to get rid of these contact lenses because my eyes are itchy.

Well, I got blurry vision so I have to wear thick glasses at school and home. And, when I perform on stage, I have to wear contact lenses.

I hate it as much as I hate having a vision like this. Because it was one of the reasons why I get bullied at school. They call me an alien since I have four eyes. They all are just so dumb and stupid.