Derek Requested

When you beg him to believe you

...

Something had happened to the person I would love to see dead, but Derek wouldn't approve. I took a deep breath and I tried to help the person but it was too late. I was covered in blood. Derek arrived.

"What did you do?" Derek asked.
"I didn't do anything." I said.
"Doesn't look like it." He said.
"You have to believe me." I tried.
"I can't." He said.

I fell on my knees and the cops arrived. They arrested me and interrogated me for hours. I told them what I knew and they locked me up as prime suspect. The sheriff brought in Scott.

"Tell me you didn't do it."
"I didn't do this." I said calm.
"She's telling the truth." Scott sighed.
"I've told you that 16 hours ago but no one believes me." I said.
"Derek was there. He said he couldn't believe you. Why not?" the sheriff asked.
"I don't know okay!" I freaked.

My eyes flashed bright gold. I was angry and I wasn't calming down any time soon not without my anchor.

"Abby, focus." Scott tried.
"No I don't care you believe me I don't care the police doesn't there is one person I need to believe me. I don't care what anyone else thinks I need him to believe me when I'm telling the truth. He could hear my heart and he didn't believe in me. I'm done." I shouted and hit the wall.

My hand was bleeding but I did it multiple times. The tremendous pain made me scream out all the pain and anger. I fell on my knees and cried.

"I'm going to fix this." Scott hushed.
"How?"
"Trust me, Abby." He said.

I gave him a unnoticeable nod and went back to crying. Derek was reading something.

"How do you kill everyone around you?" Scott asked.
"What?" Derek asked.
"You can hear her heartbeat, you are her boyfriend how can you say that you don't believe her. Her heart has never been so steady." Scott said.
"It wasn't her heart it was the proof around it. She's capable of telling a lie without her flinching or anything." Derek said avoiding eye contact.
"You don't get it."Scott raised his voice.
"What Scott? What don't I get? The sheriff believes you you tell them she lies or not because I don't know. you can get her out of there." Derek spat back.
"She doesn't care. She said she couldn't care less that no one believed her but she hoped that at least her boyfriend would believe her. You used to be an Alpha, use your instincts." Scott said.
"Don't bother Scott I'm done he'll never believe me." I sighed and kept walking to another interrogation.

Derek and my eyes met for a brief second Derek hoped to see the sparkle in her eyes but it wasn't there. He saw darkness and pain in the once gorgeous eyes that sparkled when they looked at him but he broke that. Derek sat down and Scott felt his sadness piercing through his heart.

"You were right." Derek mumbled.
"What?"
"Every one around me gets hurt and it's my fault." He said.
"Talk to her." Scott hushed.
"She never wants to see me again." Derek sighed.
"You don't know if you don't try." Scott said.
"I'm scared Scott. She's the only girl I truly care about. I love the way she fights me. I love how her eyes light up when she looks at me. I love how she's the only one who convinced me that I was wrong when I told my pack that I couldn't protect them. She believed in me." Derek rambled.
"Then why don't you believe her?"
"Because my whole life people I love are lying to me!"
"Don't you see? She's pure, she's different than anyone you've ever met." Scott said.
"I've thought that before. Jennifer made me believe that. Braeden did. I'm broken. I don't know what to believe anymore." Derek sighed.
"Believe your instincts." Scott said.

Scott and Derek looked from behind the one way mirror. Derek was focused on my heartbeat. Not once did it raise. Except one time when they asked me if I wanted to talk to the only other witness.

"No. He has his version I have the truth, but I don't want to see him." I said.

My heart broke while I said those words but I had no choice. He broke mine first. I let a tear roll of my cheek.

"The witness wants to talk to the girl." Derek said and stepped in.
"Derek, you should leave." I said.
"Not until you heard me out." Derek said.
"Why should I you don't believe me." I cried.
"Because I'm a fool for not doing so. All my life I've been protecting my own heart and not many have past that barrier but Jennifer has, Braeden has and you have. That are the only 3 and the two before you have broken me. They made me lose faith in love and people. Then you came into my life, I loved you from the second I felt your presence. most people are angry or i don't know mad for some reason, but not you, no you were filled with curiousness. You were intrigued with whatever had your attention. You made me feel love again and not ever in 4 years you broke that feeling or my trust so when it happened yesterday, I didn't believe you because I was protecting myself by looking at proof instead of following my heart. I know you would never lie to me. I know, but the pain in my heart was scared you would. Nothing I say will make this right, but I wanted you to know that I love you and I believe you." Derek said.
"Yesterday I would've forgiven you like that because I loved you. Today that girl woke up from a fairytale. I've been wanting that person dead before we met why would the one person I actually loved believe me when I tried to safe her?" I asked.
"Because you're not that girl anymore."
"See that's where you wrong. this it the real me. I wanted her dead because she killed my best friend. I'm that girl that wanders through the night thinking that one day she would forgive herself for not being there but no. I keep losing people." I sighed.
"Not anymore. I'm not going anywhere. I love you and I can't let you go." Derek said.
"You're too late Derek nothing will make me believe you." I sighed and got up.

Derek grabbed my arm and slammed his lips on mine. I pushed him away but her pulled me back. I smiled and kissed back.

"I'm never doubting you again. I love you." Derek smiled.
"Good." I smiled and hit him.
"What was that for?" He asked.
"You didn't believe me. I was pissed off but I'm good now." I smiled.

Derek looked into my eyes and smiled.

"What?" I blushed.
"The sparkle in your eye is back." He smiled.

We intertwined our fingers and I smiled.

...

For emmaalonzo2205 I hope you liked it :)