8.

Harry's POV

I was sitting in a chair in my pajamas that I typically wore when I was with the Dursleys.

I was dressed in an old white shirt and a pair of passed down bottoms that Dudley could no longer wear because his arse had gotten too big.

This pair was emerald and navy plaid accompanied with fine white and grey lines.

My wrist and ankles were tied to the chair tightly with a dry rope that burned my skin the more I pulled at it.

I looked around the room curiously, quickly recognizing my Aunt and Uncle's bedroom.

I stiffened before turning to face the other side of the room where a giant mirror had magically appeared.

Well something isn't right...

My chair slowly started to move towards it and once it was planted in front of it I gasped.

His eyes were mercury instead of emerald, his skin was flawless instead of scarred, his hair was platinum blonde and not mud chocolate-

I was Draco.

I furrowed my brows.

But the mirror couldn't be right, because Draco had on silk pajamas and I had on rags.

"Draco?"

The reflection mouthed his name in sync with me.

I furrowed my brows again.

What is this?

I watched my uncle and aunt walk into the room, a belt clutched firmly in my uncle's hand as they approach.

I glanced at my reflection sympathetically, and it replayed the same expression on Draco's face.

"Harry, you've been performing magic... And you seemed to have forgotten that we don't do magic here." Uncle Vernon frowned.

"I'm a wizard." I glared at him.

"Are you talking back to me?"

"That's what Hagrid told me." I laughed. "I can do magic if I want to."

I earned a lash to the cheek and turned to face the mirror.

In front of Draco stood his mom and dad, although his mother looked slightly sympathetic.

I glanced at my Aunt.

Even though she was mad her eyes were slightly soft.

Deep down she might have cared... Just a little.

I turned to face Draco and gasped as I watched a wave of magic hit him as I got lashed again.

The pain in his eyes was so clear as we got hit again.

Except this time he was bleeding, which meant I was too.

Mrs. Malfoy reached out a hand slightly as Mr. Malfoy raised his wand to cast another spell.

"You've grown confident, and you seem to have forgotten what I've taught you." He spat, grabbing Draco's throat.

I choked as Vernon's hand grabbed my throat.

Draco's eyes watered and I shook my head at him.

Don't...

I felt a sharp pain in my chest and a wave of energy fill my veins.

I squeezed my eyes shut and gasped as I felt something warm embrace me.

I'm here...they won't hurt you anymore.

My eyes snapped open within seconds.

Draco?

I was frantic until my eyes adjusted.

DRACO!

I could feel him but he wouldn't answer me.

I was sitting in the infirmary with Nurse Pomfrey standing over me; concern in her eyes.

"Mr. Potter, are you okay?"

I squinted at her. "I believe so..."

"What are you looking for, Harry?"

"What happened?" I redirected the question.

"Well... Dumbledore brought you here." She furrowed her brows. "Your body had overheated for some odd reason."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. He found you in the room of requirements with a fever that should have killed you."

"..."

"It was peculiar to say the least."

"How so?"

"Your skin was past 100 Celsius, but your insides were quite normal."

"..."

"There's some sort of magic over you, and I fear that it is irreversible." She frowned. "Have you the slightest clue what it could be?"

I shook my head. "No. Maybe it's you know... who..."

"Well if that's him... He's become significantly stronger."

"He has?"

"I'm making a guess."

You're not connected to him.

"..."

"We might be magical, but mankind cannot naturally survive such temperatures without making some great sacrifice." Her eyes pierced me as I responded with silence.

My ankle burned a little and I glanced away.

? POV

"Master... He's growing..."

"You think I don't know?"

"..."

"I am bonded to this boy. I know everything about him."

"Yes, but you feel his power."

"It feels like sssssomething is between us now..."

"And what are you going to do?"

"It would be foolish of me to act with my current predicament."

"..."

"We will act when the time is right."

"..."

"And then I will rip down this wall...this thing...this barrier...this person..." The voice snarled before pausing. "Between us..."

"Is there a problem with the barrier? You said you're bonded...so can't you access him another way?"

"Can you look through a tinted window?"

"No."

THE END