David x Reader

Under The Pine
Fluff
Strong language warning?

"Kids! It's campfire time!" David called. The campers groaned but gathered round the burning pile of wood where the camp councillors David, Gwen and (Y/N) sat waiting for them.
"Today is love story night, and (Y/N)s turn to tell" David announced. (Y/N) blushed as David's excited eyes turned to watch her, excited for the story.
"Well, have any of you campers heard the story of the propinquity pine?" (Y/N) asked, the campers who were interested shook their heads.
"You see, once at this camp there were two young campers who never dared to go near each other for fear they may fall in love. One day, they accidentally came face to face at the oldest and loneliest pine in the forest; it was there they became so mesmerised by each other's eyes they new that if they stayed any longer they would never part, so they fled from the tree" (Y/N) said mysteriously.
"Noooo! They must unite!" Preston wailed with tears streaming down his face. Nurf silenced him with his massive hands though he too was crying, a light trail of mascara slowly dripping down his cheeks.
"Every night, the pair would leave letters by the roots of the tree, knowing the other would return" (Y/N) continued. David's eyes were wide and teary, he knew this story, he knew it all too well.
"On the last night of camp, the girl left a letter by the roots once again. She vowed to wait in that spot until the boy came, hoping that they could at least say goodbye under the pine. The letter remains there to this day, as the boy never came, and he never had a chance to read the words 'I love you'" (Y/N) finished. All eyes were in her as she blinked rapidly.
"Time for bed campers!" Gwen yelled, herding the campers away from the campfire.

(Y/N) disappeared through the trees until she reached a clearing where the eldest pine stood alone in the centre. Tucked under a few stones and the roots of the tree was a damp, crumpled envelope with "Davey" written on the front. (Y/N) crouched by the letter and began to sob; she should never have told that story, and now she could never face David again.
All of a sudden, David tripped through the trees. (Y/N) blushed as he clumsily made his way over to her. David crouched next to her under the pine and looked into her (e/c) eyes like he had done when they were ten. (Y/N) grabbed the letter, forcing herself to look at anything but his ocean green gaze that followed her every movement. (Y/N) slowly passed David the envelope that contained her 10-year-old confession.
David carefully opened it, his childlike excitement toned down so as not to rip anything, (Y/N) could see his hands were actually shaking as he slowly pulled the small note from the envelope. It only contained three words, but it was enough to cause David's face to light up the entire forest. David wrapped himself around (Y/N) like a bullet shot from a gun, knocking her of her feet.
(Y/N) laughed lightly which caused David to absolutely melt; he kissed every part of her face softly, never wanting to stop.

The note lay on the leafy floor next to them, in childish handwriting were the words I love you.

A/N: that was a little bit more dramatic than what poor little Davey is probably useful but hey, if you guys enjoyed it I'm sure he did