Escape #3 was a bust

**** I DON'T OWN NARUTO. Chapter number 4. Hope you like it. Pic on side is the clothes Akemi wore in the forest. I'm going to be trying POVs now so if the characters don't seem like them please tell me so I can fix it later. Please and Thank-you****

Akemi's POV

I was pushed into the office but I was struggling and screaming. "Let me go you, freaks! Demons! Let go, let go, let go!! I don't want to stay here. Let go!" The old man was there again.

"Now, now Akemi I think you should calm down so we can explain-" He didn't finish because I threw my cross at his head like I did with Pirate man.

"Demon, be gone and leave this body! I command you by the Power of God to leave this soul and never to return. Dues cum vobis(Latin: Let God be with you)." I commanded. I still don't sense any evil spirits coming from them but I haven't been practicing my priestess duties for a while, so I might just be out of practice. He didn't do anything just looked at me in slight amusement again. "What's that look for? I'm trying to save you from devil practice and you think this is funny?" I turned to see all the adults have similar looks on their faces. "Stop looking at me like that! I'm being serious." I stomped my foot like a child. I know I was being childish but they were laughing at me.

"Akemi, I think you've misunderstood. We are ninjas not being possessed by demons."

"Bull, I don't believe that. Pirate just made another him like magic. That has got to be black magic." I said convinced I was right.

"Akemi, have you had and training in any temples or shrines?" The old man asked.

"Y-yes, I was a priestess-in-training." I stated uncertainly. How does he know that?

"I thought so." He chuckled. "Do you sense any evil spirits off of any one here?"

I grew uncertain. "N-no." Then with renewed energy, "But I might just be out of practice.You couldn't possibly be doing this without devil magic. It doesn't make sense." He smiled at me kindly.

"Yes, we can and I'm certain you could too. That's why I have assigned you up to go to the academy and learn about ninjas." Any thought about them being demons was reinforced into my head.

"You can't do that! You can't just forcibly make me stay here! That qualifies as kidnapping!" I jumped up suddenly but winced. I hope he didn't notice but I think he already did. My wound was getting worse. It was almost done seeping through my bandages and all the running was getting to me. I felt weak, nauseous, and tired but I wasn't going to show it.

"Yes I can and I did." He said in a firm tone that he meant it but that he also meant well. He got up and pulled a book from one of his selves. I took a defensive stance just in case he was going to attack me. Looks can be deceiving. "Here," he handed me the book and my cross back. I took it hesitantly. "That book should give you the basis of what a ninja is and our history. Read it." I definitely wasn't planning on staying but reading wouldn't harm me. I put both in my bag.

"You know I'm going to try to run at every chance I get. You really shouldn't be giving me your secrets old man." I told  him. I wouldn't normally tell but I had a slight soft spot for him. He felt like a kind grandfather to me. I've never had anyone love me besides my mother so him treating me so kindly was putting me off. The people I've met over the years were nice but never more than polite. Grandpa was disarming with his kind attitude. It was fair enough to give him a heads up warning.

He chuckled. "I have no doubt you'll try so I'm housing you with someone to keep an eye on you. I think you should settle down. My village would be a good start." I looked at him horrified. The only two people I actually sort of know are Pirate and Yoga man.