Ivar: Valhalla awaits

You looked aside you to your father, tightening your grip around your shield. 'Look to the battle to come daughter.' Halfdan pointed to the enemy.
'Never believed that I would fight alongside of you, that's all.' You smiled. He chuckled, shaking his head.
'And I thinking my daughter would marry have kids and be happy. Now you are standing here, geared up, ready to roar.'
'But I'm happy and married.' You changed your look over to Ivar. His horse galloped long side the army he represented, pushing his axe in the air before he slowed the horse down, taking place before his men. You were born out of the stronghold that Halfdan and Harald build, married another stronghold. How could you not be more powerful like this. From when you were little this was your endgame, fighting alongside of your father for nobody less than your husband, Ivar the Boneless.
'I'm proud of you, never thought my daughter would turn out like this.' Halfdan announced. You looked aside to him, smiling before you looked back to the enemy. You were ready.

You smashed your shield against some enemy his chest, he stumbled back, falling over a body on the ground. Your braids followed your movement as you threw your sword a little up, took it in a different position and pushed it down his throat. You looked how his eyes died away before you pulled your sword out and focused on the next one. He came at you in full speed, you twirled around your body, take your sword with you, turning it above you head before you slit his throat in one swift movement. The corner of your mouth cocked up a little, feeling overpower, delighted almost about this battle. In the distant your father was fighting ruthlessly, stabbing, kicking his foot against an enemy his chest, pushing that axe right through his brains. You turned around to look for Ivar, his white horse was stained red by the blood of his enemies. You fought another soldier, losing your shield in the progress so you grabbed your axe, fighting with two weapons instead of one. You smiled a little when you surprised that soldier with your strength.
'Y/n!' Ivar warned you. You turned your head, looking at the soldier approaching you from the left, fighting him before a swift kill. But giving your fast reaction on your husband you lost sight of the rest. You gasped on the pain that slit through your stomach. You looked down to the sword, embracing it with your hands before the soldier pulled it back from behind and you sunk on your knees. 'Y/n.' You heard his panic shattering in your head while you fell down on the grass, gazing at the blue sky. It was so cold all of the sudden, until he was there with his warmth. 'No, Y/n.' His hands shook while he pulled your upper body in his lap, covering the wound. 'Halfdan!' Ivar shouted.
'No.' You whispered, looking up into his blue eyes. 'Promise,'
'No, please Y/n, don't.' He whispered, stroking the hair out of your face.
'be happy.' You managed to get out.
'How can I be happy without you.'
'Promise me.' You insisted. You pushed your hand up, smearing your own blood out on his cheek while you touched him for the last time.
'I can't promise that.'
'I see you again.' You promised him. He showed his tears, in de corner of your eyes Halfdan ran over but he was too late and you leaved them with the sound of Ivar screaming into the air.