in love

their friendship started after one of their mutual set them up together for a blind date and of course, it didn't end really well

their friendship started after one of their mutual set them up together for a blind date and of course, it didn't end really well. - minhyun was too shy to even face her and jiyeon had quite a hard times trying to make him relax. at the end, minhyun confessed that he never dated before and it was his first time going for a blind date.

it was shocking, thinking how can a good looking human like him never dated or went to a blind date, but of course she didn't say it out loud. instead, she told him that it was her first time as well and both of them laughed at how terrible their love life is.

they were only sixteen that time and they were in the age of wanting to experience a lot of things either it'd turn out well or not. and this blind date - though it didn't turn out like it supposed to be, they had a good time.

after their blind date, it was jiyeon, who reached out to him first after his football match, giving him an energy drink and a congratulation before she went to kim jonghyun, her cousin and the one who introduced them. - and it was also her, who smiled first when they passed each other in the hallway.

it was just like that until she forgot to bring her bus card and he was there with his bike.

"hey," he called, "you okay?"

"i forgot to bring my bus card. must have left it on my desk this morning." jiyeon sighed, giving up on searching her card.

minhyun jumped into his bike and jiyeon thought he'd leave her in front of the school's gate alone, but instead, he patted on the seat behind him. with his charming smile, he tilted his head to its direction, signaling her to take a seat there.

"come on, it'll be raining soon."

jiyeon refused at first, but minhyun kept on insisting that he wouldn't leave even if she said no.

the sky was dark and bolts of lightning were starting to show up one by one. with that, she finally agreed for him to take her home and the rain decided to pour down as they biked all the way to her home. again, they were laughing at their unluckiness.

despite the fact that their classes never match with each other (not even until they graduated high school) they were always seen together to an extent where people started questioning their relationship. even jonghyun was confused when he saw minhyun, passing him at a fast pace with her holding onto his shirt behind him.

-

they were also each others' many firsts. every time they decided to try something new, they did it together. getting drunk, vandalism, trying out some new foods - even for their first kiss, they decided to share it together, saying it'd be embarrassing if one day when they kiss their significant others, they couldn't do anything.

they did it at jiyeon's house, in her room, with dim lights and with boa's songs blasted from her radio.

"i think we should eat some candies first." minhyun suggested as he gave her a mint candy. "seongwoo said we better smell and taste good when we kiss someone."