photograph #1

The Oakfield High Gazette

[August 31st , 2017]

Soccer Giants Begin New Season

With the first week of school almost over our very own Oakfield Giants Boys Soccer team laces up their cleats and hit the field for the first practice of the season

With the first week of school almost over our very own Oakfield Giants Boys Soccer team laces up their cleats and hit the field for the first practice of the season. The eleven players, led by senior and star player James Stevenson, began their practice immediately after the last class was let out and stayed until 7pm. While most players are returning to defend their undefeated title this season, there are a few new players. One of them is new underclassmen Jeremiah Woodward, who moved into the area from Florida over the summer, he's expecting to do well this season.
Be sure to join us on Tuesday the 12th to cheer him on and support the rest of the team for their first game.

[Written by: Wade Barnes]
[Photo credit: Wade Barnes]

JP smiled as he read the article as he walked down the hallway, he felt honored that he was part of such a great team, let alone mentioned by name in the school's newspaper. He approached his locker and began fiddling with the lock quickly, he didn't want to be late for practice, especially not today. Today was their first game, and oh boy did he feel the pressure from the students and teachers.

As JP opened his locker he noticed a small slip of paper fall onto the floor. Curious, JP placed his textbooks and other materials into this locker before picking it up and inspecting it. It was a small Polaroid picture about the size of his palm. The picture showed a beautiful view of the sky, an airplane flying by as well. Flipping it over he read the words scribbled on the back, his face turning a soft pink.

 Flipping it over he read the words scribbled on the back, his face turning a soft pink

Did you invent the airplane? Cause you seem Wright for me.
-WB

JP chuckled softly, looking around encase whoever had put the picture in his locker was still around. Sadly no one was and he let out a sigh. I feel bad for whoever put this here, they put it in the wrong locker... JP wasn't sure what to do with the picture but didn't have any time to figure it out as he glanced at his watch and noticed the time. He shoved the photo into the top of his locker as he grabbed his bad and sprinted for the locker room, he was going to be late.