1-Meeting Kayla

Author's POV

Kayla is a light skin girl with shoulder length curly hair. She's 16 years old and a junior in high school. She's very smart and kind but will beat a bitch up if she has to. Her dad is a huge drug lord and is in her life as much as he can
he takes care of her and her mother but that's about all. He sends them $10,000 a month
Her mom and dad never speak he says it's because he doesn't want them to be in any danger but Kayla feels like it's because him and her mom had a very hard relationship and just doesn't want to see each other. Kayla doesn't visits him often but is really close with him. She goes to a run-down ghetto high school with a bunch of ghetto ratchet people. Almost every guy knows what her dad is capable of so most of them steer clear of her. And the ones who are brave enough to even look her way are wannabe thugs or real thugs working for her dad. It never seems to work out with any of them. She's decided to give up on love completely. Her and her best friend Jayda have been friends since forever. She's the only person that Kayla really trust. They've been rocking since they was in diapers. No one has ever come between them they are two peas in a pod. They also have other people that they hang out with Serena and Bekah. They're pretty close the four of them but Kayla and Jayda are really close.