Chapter 1: Dreams coming true with a side of strict fathers

AN: Quick thank you to @elliephant26 for the cover!

"Congratulations on your acceptance," black letters read and stared back at me

"Congratulations on your acceptance," black letters read and stared back at me. The rest of the words were a blur to me as I reread the part where it said I was accepted. This was the moment I had waited for so long.  I had gotten accepted to the college that would make my dreams become a reality, and being accepted on its own was a dream come true also.New York Fashion College... the college for fashion. My life has revolved around style, boutiques and trends since I was little and now the best college in the country had accepted me. It should be put in a museum and marked as history, and as badly as I wanted to jump in my bed, scream and shout, I had to throw this letter away.

I stared at it for a good five seconds. Then ten more, eventually I lost track of how much time I spent looking at it until my father's voice woke me up from my trance. He was coming up the stairs, hurriedly I shoved the acceptance letter inside my drawer that luckily was placed to my right and ran to lock the door. "Dad, I'm still getting ready!" I shouted. I went back and opened the drawer, I neatly folded the letter to it's original way. Throwing it away was impossible for my dreamer self. I decided to hide it in one of my shoe boxes, as I did, a light knock was heard on the door.

I opened the door to be met with my father. His dark hair had been blow dried badly and his tie was undone. He gave me a sheepish smile, rolling my eyes I pointed towards the bed where he sat. Like our usual routine I styled his hair to my liking and made his tie. I grabbed my phone and took a picture of him. He now truly smiled and felt like a million bucks, even though he was worth a billion. Literally.

"Vámonos." He ushered. I rolled my eyes at him and started following as he abruptly stopped. "You said you were getting ready, yet in a matter of two minutes you seemed as if you were ready already." Shit.

"Yeah dad, and you took a hundred years on getting ready yet here you are rushing me," he rolled his eyes and kept walking. With a small giggle we left the house.

My father and I walked hand in hand towards our favorite restaurant. One that I had no intention in coming today but he did due to the 'celebration.' My father squeezed my hand, I looked up to him his eyes set on a yacht. "Do you want it?" His eyes full of admiration like a child. I chuckled a bit and nodded my head as a no. I looked down towards our hands, his tan one making my small pale one disappear. My father and I  were complete opposites. I was pale, blonde and short. My father was tan, dark haired and tall. I looked like your typical Caucasian and he looked like the typical Latino. We got looks everywhere we went because we didn't look like your typical father and daughter in New York City.  Yet everyone knew who we were... the Martinez family.

Rich and successful. Our family was the talk of businesses and meetings. Deals and corporations. Half of the time the talk of us was the success and the other half was the gossip. I was the love child of a businessman and a gold digger. She ran for the hills after my father won custody over me.  As if she even tried. So, people knew our story but they also knew that my fathers love for me was great. But nobody knew about our other dirty little secret. There was another child, and his name was Business. The nightmare that came between my happiness and dad's mindset.

The restaurant was at a pier, with luxurious seats and tables. Surrounded by yachts and boats, we had the sea as our view. We approached our usual table, a group of five men were already seated all in tuxedos. Even though my dad purposely wore a tux, it was definitely not the attire. Yet, we didn't say or warn anyone due to the fact it was a Tuesday afternoon, everyone had just left from work. All of the men made happy sounds as we approached them, some of them offered hugs and other handshakes. I sat down and checked myself on my phone's camera discretely as our waiter came to us. I posted the picture of my father on my Instagram. Too involved in my phone my father ordered for me. Annoyed at my actions he took the phone away. I ignored a voice trying to make conversation with me to my left as I patiently waited for this soon to be horrible night to end.

The sound of glass tapping took me back to reality. I looked to the sound to see my father standing up. My hands started to tremble. I really didn't want this moment to happen. I felt a hand take mine, I looked to my left to find Troy trying to calm me down. If it weren't for the fact that my father bought me the whole Kate Spade 2016 Christmas collection just to give the dude a chance, I would be screaming at the fact that we were so near to each other. Yes, he had been sitting next to me this whole time and I hadn't even said a word to him once. That's how much I acknowledge the dude even though we've been dating for 3 months. When it came to business, I had to date Troy for my father's sake. Just to make his business and others friends businesses look good. Troy was the son of my father's best friend. Blonde, tall and your typical frat boy. We looked good on paper, but that didn't mean I had to actually be his trophy wife. 

Taking my hand out of his without seeming rude, I tried not to vomit as my father started speaking. Oh good Lord, this was going to be worse than I thought. He cleared his throat and rolled his shoulders. "We're all here to celebrate my daughter's achievements as always," he said with a cocky smirk, "but tonight is the best achievement that has truly marked her life and my life. My daughter has been accepted to the college of her dreams... Princeton!" With those last words everyone took a swing at their drink and I did too but I wanted to take the swing that threw me into the ocean.