004

the one where koeun brings a different lunchbox;

"what the hell is that?" jungyeon pointed her fork towards koeun's lunch for the day. inside of the container were a few side dishes, which looked normal. the ones that stood out the most were the weirdly shaped sausages and the main course, the omelette. a shaky smiley face was drawn in ketchup on top of the slightly burnt egg.

"oh, is that the lunch mark made for you?" yiyang asked in between a mouthful of her own meal. "chenle was talking about it in our chinese group chat. he said he helped a lot with the omurice."

yeri, koeun's seatmate, let out a laugh. "that's supposed to be omurice?! oh my god, i have to take a pic." she took out her phone and did that.

koeun nudged her before nodding. "yeah, he made it." she took out her eating utensils, shocking her friends.

"you're really going to eat it?!"

"aren't you scared of getting food poisoning?"

honestly, she was but... "he put a lot of effort into it, i'm not letting it go to waste. plus, it can't be that bad if chenle helped out, right?" the chinese boy was no cooking god, but he was apparently really good with eggs.

at least that's what he told her.

after cutting into the egg and rice, which was a little hard to do, koeun raised her spoon to her lips. yiyang, jungyeon, and yeri were watching her with big eyes as she took her time to chew it. they grew a little impatient since she didn't make any facial expressions. "well? how is it?"

koeun took a sip of water after swallowing the mouthful. she shrugged before stabbing her fork into a sausage that she believed is supposed to resemble an octopus.

"it's edible." and that's all that matters.

"hey," mark said after school. he looked nervous as he reached for her hand. "h-how was lunch? was it too burnt or too salty to eat, i'm sorry i didn't have enough time to make another one and i was skeptical of the recipe i followed so i added more-"

koeun smiled and gave his hand a little squeeze as they began walking, effectively cutting him off his ramble. "not too bad. good job mark lee."

❣ ❣ ❣

i love mark but i wouldn't eat anything he made props to koeun