Under the sun, we are one

Jungkook hates school. It's a burning passion that lies horizontally against his gut; except nothing about it gets him aroused. Except for the kid who's decided to sit down next to him, quiet literally rousing him from an empty nap. Out of all days, out of all people, this unbelievably handsome guy happens to sit next to him.

Except; Jungkook has a feeling that the handsome, dimpled boy isn't in too good of a mood. Maybe it's the way he slams his coffee down first, a little splash plopping against Jungkook's desk - he grimaces. Or the way the boy hastily pops open a can of Red Bull, and pours it into his coffee. Ew.

"I'm going to die," the kid mutters in a surprisingly deep voice, slouching down in the seat with no attempt to introduce himself. Jungkook expects it to stay the way, his eyes already slipping shut again.

Except no, handsome boy likes to ramble. "I wake up at four o'clock in the fucking morning which like yeah, when else am I supposed to wake up, right? Except no, I literally live five minutes away, I just happened to set my alarm two hours way too early. No big deal, I can actually look nice right?"

Jungkook wonders to himself if he's allowed to say that yeah, the dude does look really nice.

"But nope. Halfway here, it starts to rain. Which I have a car, but I figured I could save the environment or some shit if I just walked - admired the beauty of the world. Except fuck that." Handsome boy sighs and slides down in his chair.

Jungkook wants to say something, wants to tell the boy that he still looks good today. He doesn't. He lets his eyes slide shut instead, a soft sigh falling from his lips. He shivers a little, the AC in the room kicking on and cooling the wood of the table against his cheek. The soft thrum of the electricity, pencils writing around him and the thought of the handsome boy next to him lulls him to sleep.

Namjoon glanced at the boy next to him. He hadn't responded earlier, when Namjoon had finally kicked up the courage to actually talk to him. Maybe rambling wasn't the best way to go; then again, he wasn't the best at conversational situations anyway. Maybe he'd expected too much, sitting here as if bunny boy would notice him. He's not sure what to call him; maybe Namjoon should've started with that first.

It's not hard to notice when the classroom drops in degrees, the nervous professor at the front seems to have a tendency to mess with the thermostat as he paces; a stuttering, flustered mess. It's unprofessional, really. But it gives Namjoon a reason to tug off his denim jacket and drape it over the boy. It leaves his arms a little cold, missing the warmth of the rough fabric; he crosses them instead.

Absently doodling becomes his past time, every now and then glancing at the boy next to him. He's not sure how long they've been in this class together; months maybe, without ever crossing paths. It strikes him a little odd, though he figures the kid usually sleeps through lessons; maybe it's why they've never met before. Can he even say they've met now?

There's thirty minutes left of class when it hits Namjoon. Today's lesson consists of a mixed class, an artist for every photographer in the room. Could it be that the boy next to him is an aspiring artists? The gallery is coming up, he wonders if they'll cross paths a lot more now that they're going to be showcased. Namjoon wonders if bunny boy will let him photograph the kid in nature; capture his essence behind the circular lenses of his camera. The paper under him becomes a portrait.

When Jungkook stirs awake, the first thing he notices is that the class is empty - the clock tells him he slept thirty minutes over the time period. The second thing, is that handsome boy isn't sitting there anymore. But instead, a sketch that oddly looks like Jungkook is in his place. Little writing catches the corner of his eye.

'My name is Kim Namjoon. And yours - I don't know. But you remind me of the warm sun, after a rainy week. I didn't introduce myself properly. But if it isn't too weird, I'd like to photograph you, under the sun. xxx-xxx-xxxx'

Reading the note makes his cheeks flush, and he grips tighter to the jacket he's wearing. It shocks him away from embarrassment; Jungkook had not worn a jacket today. But Namjoon had, and it's placed delicately at his shoulders. He relishes in the warmth, the same soft flush from earlier returns. Jungkook's glad no one is here to see the way he dumbly smiles at the paper for another hour or so - the next class already piling in when he's suddenly reminded he has to actually leave.

The whole train ride home smells like soft lavender and vanilla. The two scents call him into another nap, this time, he doesn't miss his stop.

Namjoon's given up at this point, staring lazily at the roof as the minutes tick by. Should he have stayed to make sure the boy had gotten home safely? That he'd actually woken up and moved, even if sluggishly? The fan above him hurts his hand, makes him close his eyes and sink into the mattress beneath him. He's half asleep when his phone chimes; a text from an unknown number.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Jeon Jeongguk. That's my name.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

And to answer your previously written question, I'd love to model for your pictures. Underneath the sun and all.