e.l.p -- biography

WILDFLOWERS;
emma lily potter

"every child in our world will know their name

"every child in our world will know their name."
- albus dumbledore

Emma Lily Potter was the first of the two famous twins to be born on the chilly night of July 31st 1980. She became the seven minute older sister of Harry James, the only daughter of Lily Potter (neé Evans) and James Potter and the goddaughter of Remus Lupin. The young girl, for all of a year, grew up with the nicer things in life.

                Just after they were born, Emma wrapped Harry in his blanket with a minuscule flick of her wrist. Not only did it happily confirm the wizard blood had passed onto her, but it also confirmed Emma would always look after her brother. And there was nothing more true.

                During the year, despite the War going on around them, James and Lily adored their twin children. They, along with James' best friends Sirius, Remus and Peter, did everything they could and more to make sure Emma and Harry had the best upbringing possible. Of course, if you knew the infamous tale, you'd know that didn't last very long.

                Due to the War, a prophecy was made about two young children who were going to be born at the end of July to a couple that had defied the evil Dark Lord three times. When Voldemort, the Dark Lord himself, heard about the prophecy he vowed to sought out the Potter's who fulfilled the requirements the half of the prophecy he heard stated. The young family instantly went into hiding, starving the four of them from the friendship and luxuries they'd had.

                Regardless, the Potter family continued to love each other dearly. The newlywed parents dedicated every second to their children, dreading the thought that each day may be their last.

                But as the battle to find the Potter's grew nearer drastic measures were taken. The downfall of the Potter family came down to James and his unwavering loyalty. He put his trust in the wrong best friend and the rat sold James and his family out to Voldemort.

                On Halloween of 1981, when the twins were only a few months older than one, Voldemort stormed into the Potter house. The evil man murdered the wandless James Potter as he tried to give his wife and children time to flee. However, Voldemort caught up with Lily who'd placed her children into a cot in mad hope it'd protect them. She pleaded with the Dark Lord and hoped he'd take mercy on her children but each of them refused to bow down. Lily Potter was also killed in a last stand to protect her children.

                When Voldemort came to the twins, he knew he need only kill Harry. Except, when he cast the killing curse at the defenceless young child, the curse rebounded thanks to Lily's love. Instead of killing Harry, it left him with only a lightning bolt shaped scar on his forehead. Due to him clutching his sisters hand, Emma also felt the impact and bared a scar of her own across her stomach.

                In the aftermath, as the Wizarding World celebrated the defeat of the Dark Lord, Emma's godfather was given the heartbreaking ultimatum of whether to split the twins up. Whether he should allow Harry to live with Lily's sister on his own or give them both up. Knowing his deceased friends would never want their children split up, he kissed the twins goodbye and allowed Hagrid to take them to Privet Drive.

                After Hagrid, Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall left the twins on the Dursley's doorstep at Privet Drive, the twins grew up with the worst things in life. Lily's sister Petunia and her husband Vernon despised the twins and adored their own son, Dudley, just as much as they hated the twins. This caused Emma and Harry to have such luxuries they'd had before taken away.

                The twins slept in a cupboard under the stairs. From the moment they could be taught, they were given chores with no money at the end. There clothes were mostly hand-me-downs except for once a year when Emma was given money to buy a set of girl clothes. It was a nightmare they believed would never end.

                Not only that but Emma was constantly in trouble at school. Her loud personality and quickness to constantly jump to her brothers defence cause many arguments. Some even escalated into fist fights and by the time she was eleven she was on the verge of being thrown out of public schooling. It was a nightmare they believed would never end.

                That was, until one day there was a letter posted through the door. It was a seemingly normal letter other than the wax stamp of a crest and the oddly personal writing on the envelope...

Miss E Potter
The Cupboard under the Stairs
4 Privet Drive
Little Whinging
Surrey

                And that's when the adventure of the infamous Potter twins truly began...

______________