Chapter 5

Jeff let the door creak open, head tilting at the noise. The pup was hiding under the bed, crying quietly. His whines echoed in the room as Jeff knelt down. He cooed to the pup and coaxed him out of the hiding spot within two hours. He pressed his hands to the boy's back, avoiding the scars as he pulled the pup into his lap. He ran his hands across the boy's tanned skin, gently gripping the back of his neck. He lifted the boy, arm tucked under his body. He stepped out of the room, holding Pup tightly as he began to squirm and fight. He pushed the boy into the large dog crate and closed the door, knowing it would be easier if he got used to the crate. He would have somewhere solid to hide, but out in the open enough that it wasn't hard to find him. The pup complied, laying down as the tall being lifted the crate. He moved the crate into Jeffs room, silencing him as he began to protest. He pulled Pup out, the boy laying in his lap. His head rested softly on Slenderman's thigh as the eldrich being undid his bandages, cleaning the wound. He stared at the words engraved on his spine, tracing them. The pup let out a soft whining growl. His placed his hand on his neck, silencing the growl as the being spoke softly to him. He pulled a long, loose tank top on the boy before letting him go. He crawled away and began to investigate the room more thoroughly. Pup walked around on his hands and feet, knees tucked close to him. His hips rolled fluidly making his gait easy and sort of magestic. He moved more gracefully then if a human tried to walk on their hands and feet. He snuffed about before jumping on Jeff's bed and curling up. Slenderman stood up, petting his back before leaving. He went down stairs pulling Jeff aside. "We need to figure out what the scars are. And also cut his hair. I'm sure he's hungry, but he refuses to eat what I make."

Jeff hummed quietly, thinking. "He was eating my kill when we found him. Maybe he only eats human."

Slenderman nodded at the suggestion. "Then Jack might need to share for a while. We can try tonight, but I'm going to drug it so we can see if he's chipped and groom him a little more. He was looks like he was treated as a pet, so he may be chipped. His hair and nails need to be cut and his teeth need to be cleaned. If he's only eating flesh, his teeth are probably riddled with infection. If he turns and bites someone, they will die." He mumbled to himself, worried if Pup bites someone, he would be responsible. Jeff nodded.

"I'm going back to him to watch him for a while. He's probably stressed about the move." Slender looked down at Jeff, tilting his head.

"You've never taken this strong or a liking to anyone. Is there something you're not telling me?"

Jeff shook his head and left quickly, muttering to himself. The eldrich being snorted softly and started on dinner.

Jeff sat heavily on the bed, looking down at Pup. He ran his fingers over his spine, watching as the animal like boy started to purr, nuzzling into his arms. His legs twitched as Jeff inspected his body. He was muscled well from Hunting, spine bent from walking on all fours causing his bones to poke through his skin. His legs were strong, nails thick and more like claws, curving slightly. His hair looked like a lion's mane, no doubt unbelievably hot. Jeff's eyes drifted to Pup's face. His lips were thin and dark and parted softly when he breathed. His nose was crooked half way through making him appear hardened. His eyebrows were dark and blockish, carved cheekbones causing a naturally dark contour. His ears were pointed slightly, eyelashes darkened and thick, casting shadows in his face. Jeff let out a quiet sigh, looking at the tangled knot of hair on his head. He understood they had to cut it. There was no way they could brush it, although Jeff wanted to know what it looked like brushed and straightened. From the tangled mess, it looked like it was naturally curly or wavey.

Jeff yawned and laid down, staring at the ceiling. He reached over and opened the drawer next to him, grabbing the eye drops and black sleeping mask. He wet his eyes and slid the mask over his eyes, groaning softly as he dozed off. In the middle of the night, Pup shifted, laying his head on his stomach, curling around Jeff.