Chapter 6

Pup woke up late that night as his head was yanked back by his hair. He let out a harsh yelp and turned on whoever pulled his hair. Jeff yanked his hands up into a surrender position, eyes glazed with guilt and a bit of humor.

"Sorry, Pup. I was just trying to see if I could brush your hair."

He pointed to the tangled mess on the boy's head, Pup reaching behind him and patting at his hair. Stuck in the tangled coils, was a dark red and black speckled brush that belonged to Jeff. He sighed, letting his hands drop.

"Let's go get you something to eat. Then we can figure out what to do with that." He guestured vaugely at the mess on his head.

Pup jumped down from the bed and waited for Jeff near the door. He sat there until Jeff was behind him, trotting down the stairs and into the tiled kitchen. His long nails clicked on the floor, making Slender turn around. The skin on his face pulled into a sort of misty smile. He greeted them both before turning back to the stove. He wore a torn up apron that read "Don't Kiss The Cook. He Has A Knife." in large font across the chest. Pup flopped near the door, the brush clacking against the linoleum. Slender froze and looked down at the pup, abandoning his food. He knelt by the pup and lifted the handle slightly, eliciting a growl from Pup as it pulled his hair. He put the brush back and stood up, turning to Jeff. 

"I told him if he ate, we could figure out how to get it out, okay?"

Slender sighed heavily and went back to the stove.

"Jack said he would share if he could go hunting with Pup."

Slender already had a slab of flesh cooking in oil. He cut off a small piece of raw meat and tossed it down to Pup, watching as he snatched it off the floor and swallowed it without chewing. He nodded and waited until Pup wasn't looking, picking up a syringe with vitamins and a heavy sedative in it. He injected the meat a couple of times and threw the needle away. When he was done, he put the food on the table and called down the others for dinner. He set Pup's on the table as well, but the boy didn't move from his spot on the floor. Slender sighed and put the plate infront of him. Pup ignored the silver wear and pushed his face into the meat, tearing off chunks. Laughing Jack and Smile cackled sharply at this. They all sat down and began to eat. Jeff had an eye on Pup as they all ate.

As Pup finished his plate, his head started to bob up and down in fatigue. He went limp as the drug kicked in. Slender quickly got up, grabbing a pair of shears from the other room. He began to cut away at the boy's hair, switching to normal scissors as his mane got to a tame-able length. He clipped the boy's nails and did a general check up. As predicted, his teeth were riddled with infection and bacteria. He cleaned his teeth as well as he could, going through four tooth brushes until he could finally say that Pup's teeth were clean. He wasn't chipped and he was fairly healthy for his size.  Slender woke him up, slowly rubbing his back. His hair was now shaved on the back and sides, longer in the front. He let out a soft groan as he woke up, looking around. Jeff looked down at him, gently lifting his head with one hand. His eyes we're still glazed as the drug slowly left him. He let out a soft hum and tried to stand up. He was still weak, collapsing almost immedetly.

Slender wrapped him up tightly and brought him back to Jeff's room, tucking him securely in the kennel to rest. Jeff rubbed his head, running his fingers through his shortened hair, soothing the beast of a teen into a more natural slumber.