5.

We made our way to the coffee house and found a table for two. Leo ordered two coffees like he promised and we started to talk about random things trying to get to know each other, he was a surprising really nice guy. I found out that he was a year and a half older than me and that he goes to my high school but is in the grade above mine, I can't believe i have never seen him before.

He had the kind of eyes that if you looked into them for too long you would get lost.

"So,what age are you?" Leo asked. I was unsure if i should tell him my real age as i am only 16 and he's nearly 18 but i decided that i had to be honest with him right from the start if this was going to work. "I'm 16" i said after finally plucking up to courage to speak.

"Oh, 16 huh? You look older but that's cool, whatever" Leo sounded like he was having second thoughts about even talking to me now that he knows what age i am. I mean it's not a big deal, so i'm a year and a half younger than him. So what, it's not like he actually likes me anyway.

After we finished talking and drinking our coffee, Leo said he would walk me home.

The walk was short as i only live about five minutes away from the coffee house. For the most part we walked in silence and by the look on Leo's face he was thinking about something but i had no idea what. When we eventually got to the entrance of my house he spoke.

"I had a great time, August"

"Me too, it was great getting to know you" I smiled.

When i looked up at Leo i could him looking at me and i don't mean just looking at me, i mean he was really looking at me as if he were staring straight into my soul. His eyes scanned my face and my every movement. It felt as though this short minute was in slow moment. He looked at my lips and i thought he might be leaning to to kiss me, he was. He was leaning in for a kiss and I immediately thought i was dreaming, how could this be happening in real life. My once perfect real life dream was interrupted by a stranger. In my dream this never happened, but in real life it did. That's just my luck, i guess. The stranger looked over at us because he obviously recognized Leo. When Leo realised who it was he quickly backed away from me acting as if he didn't know who i was.

"What's up, man? The stranger spoke.

"Oh hey Josh, this girl was lost and needed directions" He casually responded.

"Oh okay, for a minute there i actually thought you were hanging out with her" He snapped, looking straight at me as he spoke. Leo's mood completely changed, even his facial expression and tone of voice was different now.

"What? Me hanging out with her? That has to be a joke right?"

"come on, let's get out of here. She can find her own way around."

They both walked away laughing as if i was invisible and couldn't hear a word they were saying.

I heard Leo's friend make a nasty remark about my appearance and he just laughed with him. I stood there frozen, still trying to comprehend what had just happened. I watched as Leo and his friend walked away. I watched them until they were too far away to see, Leo never looked back. As i stood there looking at where Leo was once standing, a single tear rolled down my face. That's when i remembered the cruel reality of my life and who i really was. I was shocked, confused and angry but most of all annoyed at myself for thinking i was good enough.