Chapter Nine

Sorry for the late update guys, grade eleven absolutely sucks because of so much homework.

Y/n

It had been about a week since Lance and I had started dating, we had tried to keep it a secret from everyone except Shiro, apparently, Lance went to him for advice when he asked me out so he already knew.
He said he wouldn't tell Keith but he wanted us to tell him soon because 'You shouldn't be keeping a secret from your brother.' is what he told me. It had been a couple of days since that and I was thinking of ways to tell Keith.

Currently, I was sitting in my room whispering my side of the conversation to myself.
"Keith, I know you won't like this, but I have to tell you- I'm dating Lance." I hadn't noticed that Pidge walked into my room.

"What?" She basically yelled. I could feel the color drain from my face as the realization of what just happened dawned on me.

"Katie, I uh."

"You're dating Lance?" She yelled again, luckily the door was closed so the sound canceling would have worked so no one heard it.

"Yell it louder if you can." I retorted sarcastically, she rolled her eyes and walked over to me and sitting down on the bed beside me.

"Sorry." She sighed, "So, when did you and Lance start dating?" She calmed her voice down.

"About a week ago." I replied, unsure of how she would react but instead she just nodded.

"You're not mad?" I asked.

"Y/n, of course I'm not mad! I would be such a bad friend if I was, I'm just a little bit surprised. I should have seen this coming, you always told me about your crush on him back on Earth." She gave a little laugh.

"I remember telling you everything. You were basically my sister." She smiled and nodded before she went to ask another question.

"How did Keith react when you told him?" Pidge asked.

"That's the thing, I haven't. I'm scared about how he will react, I mean he's my brother, and he and Lance don't get along." Pidge put her hand on my shoulder reassuringly.

"Y/n, Keith's your brother. I'm sure he'll be fine with it." Pidge said with a smile.

"I'll be fine with what?" Keith asked at the door.

"We'll let's just invite everyone in why don't we." I sighed.

"What was it that Pidge was saying I'd be fine with?" Keith walked more into the room.

"I'll leave you two alone." I glared at Pidge as she said that and walked out the door. I was so nervous about how to explain this to Keith, he is pretty hot tempered.

"Um, Keith. If I tell you something, you have to promise me that you won't freak out. Okay?" Keith nodded.
"No, you need to shake on it." I held out my hand getting an unsure hand shake from him.
"Okay, so now I have to tell you."

"I'm sure it's nothing too bad." Keith tried to reassure me.

"Keith, I'm uh. I'm dating Lance." I watched all the color fade from his face and his expression got hard.

"What?" He asked in a monotone voice.

"Lance and I are dating. Please Keith, he makes me really happy." Keith looked back over to me.

"But you're my sister. Lance can't date my sister. That's just weird."

"You're not mad are you?" Keith sighed, shaking his head.

"I'm not mad. It's just weird, you're my sister." Keith looked at me before I gave him a tight hug."

"Thank you, Keith." I whispered into his shoulder.

"Lance isn't off the hook though." I laughed a little while Keith let go of me.
"It'll take a bit, but If you're happy with it then I will be fine too." I smiled and hugged him tightly again. Our hug was cut short when the alarm sounded letting us both run to the main deck of the ship after getting into our suits.

"What's going on?"I asked once we got there. Everyone else was getting there around the same time that we did. Allura and Coran were both focused on the ship ahead of us. It was huge, different than the other ones we had seen.

"The Galra is tracking us somehow." Coran announced at his place by the controls. I looked down, thinking that I may have been right and someone other than Zarkon knew about me. I continued my thoughts until Allura spoke again.

"It's me." She looked down at her hands. "I'm the one they're tracking." Keith and I both stepped forward, saying the same thing at almost the same time.

"What? No it's me." We then both turned to each other and continued to argue about who it was until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"That isn't important right now. What's important is stopping the galra." Shiro interrupted us.

"You're right." I sighed and turned back to face Allura.

"Paladins, go to your lions."