Chapter Nine

"So today we will learn the art of pottery,"

No!

Seriously?

Well Shit?

I was pretty sure I didn't spend all my money to sleep.

I watched as he walked up and down the room for the third time. Was he actually going to start? It didn't help that the sessions were only two hours and one hour has already gone by, I did not pay a thousand dollars to listen to a him complain.

It was six lessons, and apparently he was going to make us professionals by the end, I was seriously starting to doubt what type of professional he was going to make us. 

After another two minutes we finally started and I was quite happy with whatever I was making, well what was I making?

A pot, well trying to but this was harder than it looked, and I really didn't want to ask for help. By the way he was 'helping' more like molesting the other girl, I was fine without it. I cursed as my hands shook and the shape went even more demented than it was.

Oh well, I shrugged trying to fix it. I looked around, how are some people doing this? I felt like I was back in art class, I thought my pictures were good, then I look up and then there are these master pieces that made me feel like I was a kid finger painting.

"Okay now take them off, and place them on the rack, Once they dry, we can prettify them!"

I raised an eyebrow, was prettify even a word? I ran my hands over the moving rotating what was meant to be a pot and now was a vase, at least this shape looked a bit better. I switched of the machine and carefully picked it up, it felt still wet and movable under my fingers and I quickly placed it and thankfully the bottom was flat, which probably was since it came like that. That part had nothing to do with my skill.

I winced when some dude placed his next to  mine, a perfect vase with handles, can he not?

"Next lesson we can carve!"

Carve or talk? I grabbed my coat rushing out of here as soon as I washed as much as I could from my fingers, which wasn't a lot. I could still feel the thick sticky clay on my finger after I washed them, when I rubbed my fingers together they felt horrible making me shudder.

"Ava!"

I paused, that was my name wasn't it? I looked over my shoulder and my jaw nearly dropped when I saw Damien break into a little jog.

"Are you stalking me?"

He simply shrugged his shoulders smiling at me, it felt like he was bi-polar, one moment he was all hard and 'I am a business man don't mess with me', next minute he seemed like a casual guy. Instead of his usual suit, he was in dark jeans and a simple green sweater, a mint green and somehow that was attractive.

Stop perving Ava. I looked back at my hand and adjusted my bag, "I was on lunch break and saw you come out," he nodded towards the restaurant on the other side of the road.

"Oh," I nodded, well this was awkward, I waved a hand, "Thank you for the food by the way, it was really nice," I nodded.

He shrugged, "Anytime," There was another awkward silence where I didn't know what to say. Come on Ava, you are such a chatterbox and maybe I was the bi-polar one. 

"Come on, let's take a walk," He nudged my shoulder as he walked past me and I stared, he wanted to take a walk? What?

I don't want to walk, who the hell walks. That's....exercise.

I looked at his retreating figure and groaned breaking into a fast pace to catch up, damn his long legs, can't you see I'm short. I could already feel the blood rushing through my body, okay maybe a walk would be good.