• 2

"Bite chunks out of me, you're a shark and I'm swimming."

Aris stared at Brooke with a look of concern as she played with food around with her fork. It was weird, whenever there was food placed in front of the brunette she would eat it like it was her last meal.

Brooke pushed her food around. She wasnt hungry. She wanted to smack herself in the face with her tray. Why did she think going to sleep was the right solution? It was a terrible, terrible idea.

"You need to eat something Brooks." Brooke droped her fork down with a clatter and sighed.

"I'm not hungry Aris, and I know before you say anything, I always eat but I'm just not feeling it."

Aris' eyebrows furrowed, "What happened?" Brooke frowned, thoughts of her dreams came rushing back to her.

Brooke was in a control room. There were hundreds of screens around her and she walked around studying them intently. She was angry about something but when Brooke tried to think back to why her memory became blank.

"I'm sorry." Brooke didn't turn around but she let out a sigh. She could feel the presence behind her and felt the boy wrap his arms around her.

Whoever it was that was holding her gave her a sense of safety, like she was home, and Brooke hadnt felt that since her parents had died.

The brunette laid her head on his shoulder, "I-I don't know if Incan do this. Don't you get it? They're our friends and we're just going to send them there to die?"

He rubbed small circles on her hips bones, "I know, I understand why your mad but we're doing this to save the world. To help the people who are suffering from the flare. Just like your parents tried to do."

Brooke thought back to her parents. Yes he was right; however, she just had feeling that if her parents saw what she was participating in now they would be disappointed.

If they saw what the organization they helped create had become they would try and do everything in their power to shut it down.

The boy who's identity she still did not know kissed her shoulder, "Brooke, I'm doing this because I love you."

"I love you too." Brooke meant those words, but she didnt agree with what he was doing.

It was at that point she knew she was going to do everything she could to shut this place down.

The slamming of a tray snapped Brooke out of her thoughts. She turned her head and her eyes came in contact with the asian boy from earlier who stared back at her with a glare.

Brooke scoffed and turned her head back to Aris who responded by raising his eyebrows. She snorted and stole the apple off his tray, taking a bite out of it and winking at him.

Janson came into the cafeteria reading off the names of the people who were going to the safe haeven. As always he ended his mantra the same by saying, "I wish I could take more; however, we can't . Better luck next time."

Brooke looked down at her tray zoning out until she felt someones stare on her. She turned her head to the side just in time to see Thomas turn his back to the front.

The brunnette rolled her eyes and sent a friendly smile to Newt who replied by sending her one back.

A couple more seconds of silence ensued before Thomas spoke, he pointed his finger at the Asian looking boy, "Minho told me you've been here the longest."

Aris shrunk down a bit in his seat. Hes never been good with new people, it took Brooke weeks before he finally said a couple words to her but Thomas seemed relentless and Brooke sent him a pitful look.

"Y-Yeah I have, well besides her." Aris points at Brooke but Thomas just ignored her making Brooke scoff. "How do you feel about this place? I mean it doesn't seem a bit strange?"

Brooke sat at the table mindlessly picking her nails. The comment took Aris aback and he spared a glance at Brooke before he answered, "Honestly, I don't think anything about this place is very trustworthy."

Thomas nodded then asked another question, "What about you, what do you think?"

Brooke continued to pick her nails until she realized the table was abnormally quite. She looked uo to see every person staring at her as they awaited her answer.

"Oh, I'm sorry, were you talking to me? Didn't even think you knew I existed." Thomas rolled his eyes while Newt and Aris had small smiles on their face, trying to hold back laughter.

The asian boy firmly placed his hands on the table, "Listen here shank, I'm in no mood to play any games."

He said it in a threatening tone as if he was trying to scare her but Brooke wasnt fazed. "Do you even know what a shank is?"

Brooke's comment only made him angrier but before he could say anything else Newt spoke up, "Calm down Minho, and don't threaten the girl. She works here for christ sake, probably only does what she's told."

Thomas pinched the bridge of his nose, "Those kids, the ones who's names he called, where do they go."

Brooke frowned, "I don't know. They hardly tell me anything, I'm surprised they even let me talk to you guys."

Thomas looked at her in disbelief but before he could say anything else Brooke abruptly stood up, "I'm going to the shooting range, I'll see you later Aris."

She sent a small smile to Newt and turned around walking out of the cafeteria.

Thomas sighed and ran his hands over his face. Minho and Newt studied him, something was going on. "What's your deal with the girl Thomas."

"Yea Tommy what's going on between you two?"

Thomas shook his head, "Nothing. I just feel like I've seen her somewhere, I don't know." He looked up and saw Aris looking at him, almost like he knew something but Thomas just shook it off.

"I do know one thing. Something isnt right about this place, and I'm gonna find out what it is."