•7

"Oh, misty eye of the mountains below, keep careful watch of my brother's souls."

Brooke was around 7 years old. It was quite in the car she was riding in, her mother and father talking in a hushed whisper as they hurriedly drove down the road.

She fiddled with her fingers nervously, and turned her head to her right. Her brother looked back and gave Brooke a reassuring smile.

She gave him one back but continued to stare. She couldn't make out his whole face but only tiny little parts. Nevertheless, from the parts she could make out she couldn't help how familiar he looked.

Where had she seen him from?

"Mom? Where are we going?"

Charlize and Noah Chamberlin stopped their discussion upon hearing the voice of their daughter. Noah sighed and Charlize sent him a pleading look.

"It's a surprise sweetheart."

She wanted to tell them, she really did, but she couldn't. WCKD could be lurking around any corner and they needed to be wary. Besides, it wasn't like once they got there the children's parents could go with them.

They were going to have to turn themselves in and be punished for their crimes. Noah and Charlize started WCKD with the purest intentions. Doing fundraisers and brainstorming ways to help people when in need.

When they found out about the flare it had WCKD divided. People wanted to start human tests immediately, but the pair respected human rights and said that they would only start if there were voluntary candidates.

However, even though they both started WCKD they were turned on by the people, being threatened for their own and children's lives. They participated in the testing helping create paradise, secretly tweaking it so they could go and leave there whenever they pleased.

They knew they were going to have to do this for a while, and when the opportunity presented itself they ran home telling the kids they had 10 minutes to pack a bag and get ready to go.

The car was completely silent now and Brooke looked out of her window. It was dark now and she couldn't see anything except the outlines of trees. The last thing she saw was approaching lights before her head whipped to the side.

It all happened so fast, the van sped to their car hitting them from the side making it flip over. They rolled but Brooke didn't scream because she was too confused.

The car stopped flipping and landed on Brooke's side of the car. Brooke groaned from the pain in her head but unbuckled her seatbelt making her way to the front.

Noah's head was on the dashboard, blood pooling out of it and Charlize had a sharp object sticking out of her lower abdomen.

"Mom? Dad?"

She felt arms wrap around trying to pull her out of the car and Brooke thrashed around in their grip, "No! Let go of me! Mom! Mom please!"

Charlize finally turned her head to see her two children, a small smile on her lips because they made it. They' were survivors and with the world they're about to be thrown in a survivor is what they needed to be, "A-Aris, take care of your sister ok?"

Brooke turned her head to see the boy nodding and she gasped, it all making sense. His complete face was in view now and he did infact look like a younger version of Aris.

Men in suits came around the car, dragging Brooke and Aris into another car with words on the side that said WCKD: WORLD CATASTROPHE KILLZONE DEPARTMENT.

Brooke and Aris sat in the back of the car in each others arms, on their way to the new chapter of their lives.

Brooke shot up from her place on the floor with a gasp. She continued to quickly puff out breaths trying to get in oxygen.

Her chest hurt and ut felt as though she couldn't breathe. She swallowed down the bile that made its way up her throat. A hand on her shoulder made her jump, and she turned around to look for the culprit.

It was Thomas, droopy eyed with dried tears on his cheeks. Nevertheless, Brooke could make out the concern he held for her, "Hey, are you ok?"

Brooke opened her mouth and then shut it, she didn't know what to say. Its not like she could just blurt out, 'I just had a dream and found out that Aris is actually my brother but other than that I'm perfect.'

She didnt trust Thomas that much yet. Yes everyone else was sound asleep, after they walked for a couple more hours it became dark and they found a spot to set up camp. However, even if she told him whose to say he wouldn't reveal it to anyone else?

Brooke looked over at Aris and she wanted to pull her hair out. What the fuck was she going to do? Whould he believe her?

"Brooke?"

Brooke turned her head back to look at Thomas, he was wide awake now and was watching the brunette girl carefully. She shook her head, "Y-Yeah, I um, I'm fine."

Thomas nodded but Brooke could tell he didn't believe her. Still he laid his head back down on his makeshift pillow that was next to hers not wanting to pressure her.

Brooke doesn't know why Thomas decided to lay by her. She had set up her bed a little further away from everyone else, wanting to distance herself, and a couple seconds later thomas came and decided to sleep next to her.

She wasn't complaining she needed the comfort; however, after everything she had done she was surprised he wanted to be even 10 feet from her.

After she stared at him like he was crazy for a little bit she looked at Newt and Minho who only shrugged in response, Minho shooting her a glare.

Brooke laid her head back down and looked up at the sky. She sighed and turned on her side to see Thomas staring at her, "I swear Tom I'm fine."

He let out a tiny sigh then closed his eyes drifting back sleep, paying no attention to the nickname she gave him. She pushed her nervousness out of her head and closed her eyes, her mind set on a solution.

She was going to have a talk with Aris tomorrow.