1-4 The Calm Before The Storm

“Ugggghhh…..” Marco groaned as he plopped down on the couch back at Steven’s beach house. “Why did I agree to go through with this.” Steven and Connie looked to each other before they looked to Marco with concern. “Hey, I’m sorry we got you wrapped up in all of this…”Steven started as he slowly approached Marco. “I would understand if you didn’t want to help us anymore.” His voice slowly trailing off as he came to a stop near the couch. Marco glanced up at Steven before sitting up straight. Seeing the look on Steven’s face, he shook his head. “Hey, don’t worry about it okay? I agreed to help so I’m not going anywhere.” He said with a gentle smile before placing a hand on Steven’s shoulder. “I’m more so just worried about Star…” Marco’s gaze slowly trailed off to the end of the couch where Star laid unconscious. Just as a sigh escaped his mouth, Connie grabbed his hand to reassure him. “Don’t worry Marco, she will be just fine.” She said with a smile.

The gems along with Dipper and Mabel were gathered out on the front porch of the beach house. “There must be a reason why that gem remains in Gravity Falls right?” Pearl questioned as she leaned against the wooden railing. “I mean there must be a warp pad somewhere in that area we don’t know about? She could have been any where but why is it that she has shown up twice there?” She continued to question. “Ughh I don’t feel like thinking about this right now…” Amethyst groaned as she slumped into the chair. “I’m with you there sister.” Mabel agreed. “Pearls right though guys, there has to be some reason that thing is hanging around Gravity Falls.” Dipper spoke as he placed a hand to his chin. Pearl’s cheeks turned a pale blue as large smile stretched across her face. “At least some one here agrees with me.” She said as she placed a hand on Dipper’s head to rub it. “Pearl your messing up my hat…”

The whole time the others were discussing what was happening, Garnet had remained silent. Making her way over, Mabel tapped the gems thigh. “Hey, everything okay Garnet? You haven’t said much ever since we got back.” Glancing down, Garnet looked at Mable from behind her shades. “I’m fine.” She answered, her voice monotone and without  emotion.
Pearl and Amethyst both looked to each other then back to Garnet. The two of them knew the tone all to well, while Dipper and Mabel both had a look of concern. “Excuse me for a moment.” Garnet said before heading back inside abruptly. “Was it something I said…” Mabel looked to the others with a saddened expression. Making her way to Mabel, Pearl kneeled down to her level. “Of course not sweetie. Right now, Garnet just has a lot on her mind.” Pearl consoled her. “Yeah, just give her sometime to cool off, she’ll be back to her old self in no time.” Amethyst added as she stood up from the chair. It was then Steven had joined them on the porch. “Hey, is everything alright out here? Garnet just went to her room just now.” “Don’t worry Steven, everything is fine.” Pearl spoke as she ruffled his hair.

“Guys we still need to figure out what this beast or gem thing is after.” Dipper said bringing the problem at hand back to the group. “You are right, but as of right now we just don’t have enough to go off of.” Pearl pinched the bridge of her nose as she spoke. “You guys didn’t notice anything when she attacked you? I mean there had to be a reason right?” Amethyst asked, placing her hands on her hips. “Now that you mention it, that gem seemed really set on going after Star.” Steven said as he thought back to the fight. “Hey, you’re right! It did seem like she was gunning for her the whole time.” Mabel agreed with Steven. “What would that gem want with Star though? It just doesn’t make any sense.” Pearl said as she scratched the side if head. “Who knows, but if it’s true that she is after Star then that means we know she will show up again.” Dipper said before peering through the window at Star who was still motionless on the couch. It was then he saw her start to stir. “Hey guys, I think Star is about to come to.” He said before making his way back to the door.