Chapter 7: Felix Felicis

I had went to the latest party of Professor Slughorn's which was probably the most fun of the parties. The captain of the Holyhead Harpies came to join the party and it went amusingly well. She got along greatly with Ginny who talked about Quidditch the entire night. Slughorn talked mostly about McLaggen since he is so well connected with people with his family. It was sickening to say the least.

Hermione told the boys how the party went during Herbology while we were dealing with these nasty plants that tried to kill us.

"Anyway," said Hermione, "Slughorn's going to have a Christmas party, Harry, and there's no way you'll be able to wriggle out of this one because he actually asked Aquila and me to check your free evenings, so he could be sure to have it on a night you can come."

Harry groaned at her words. It's not like they're that bad. Sure, they're a bit boring. But the food is always something to look forward to.

"And this is another party just for Slughorn's favorites, is it?" said Ron angrily.

"Just for the Slug Club, yes," said Hermione. Ron's pod flew out from his fingers and hit the greenhouse glass, rebounding onto the back of Professor Sprout's head and knocking off her hat.

"That's a stupid name for a club." said Ron irritatingly.

"Look, I didn't make up the name the name 'Slug Club' —"

"'Slug Club,'" repeated Ron with a sneer that almost sounded like Draco's. "It's pathetic. Well, I hope you enjoy your party. Why don't you try hooking up with McLaggen, then Slughorn can make you King and Queen Slug —"

"We're allowed to bring guests," said Hermione who turned bright pink, "and I was going to ask you to come, but if you think it's that stupid I won't bother!"

"You were going to ask me?" asked Ron.

"Yes," said Hermione angrily. "But obviously if you'd rather I hooked up with McLaggen. . ." There was a pause.

"No, I wouldn't," said Ron in a quiet voice. I heard a crash which took me out of the argument as did they as they saw Harry messing up the thing. We took over and began to help him finish with the pots.

A few days have passed as Ron and Hermione were being polite to each other finally. Draco would hardly look at me anymore, and Pansy was all over him.

I decided to watch Gryffindor practice since I had nothing better to do and wanted to get a lot of things off my mind. They weren't doing very well, but Ginny was obviously the best — her brother was unfortunately the worst. I mean, he could've done better if he just stopped getting so nervous. Afterwards I walked with them out of practice.

"I played like a sack of dragon dung," said Ron in a hollow voice.

"No you didn't. You're just nervous." I said as we walked through the castle. We took a shortcut to get to Gryffindor Tower when we saw Ginny and Dean snogging. Someone's getting some~

"Oi!"

They broke apart instantly and looked around. "What?" said Ginny.

"I don't want to find my own sister snogging people in public!"

"This was a deserted corridor before you came butting in!" said Ginny.

"Er. . . c'mon, Ginny," said Dean, "let's go back to the common room."

"You go!" said Ginny. "I want a word with my dear brother!" Dean left. "Right, let's get this straight once and for all. It is none of your business who I go out with or what I do with them, Ron —"