Looking for a friend

-|-
AVENGERS TOWER TRAINING AREA
-|-

"Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. Those who do call him the winter soldier. The man you knew is gone," said Natasha.

I yelled out, "I don't care. I have to try!"

"Steve he's not the kind of man you save. He's the kind you stop."

"Natasha he saved my life. he pulled me from the river. There's a piece of him still in there."

"Don't forget he also shot you. Steve what happens if he doesn't remember you. You said it yourself. He was a completely different person the two times you fought."

"I have to try."

I picked up my shield and started walking toward the door.

Natasha hollered out, "Wait!"

"I'm not asking you to come with me."

"Take falcon. The guy looks up to you."

"Call him and tell him to meet me in the garage."

"I will Steve."

"See you around Tasha."

"Becareful!"

I held up the okay sign then walked out of the room with shield in hand.

-|- IN THE GARAGE -|-

"You're going after him."

"Yes"

"I want in."

"I can't ask you to do that," I got on my motor cycle.

"I know," he went and got onto the motor cycle next to me, "When captain america needs your help you don't back down."

"Thank you Sam."

Sam smiled at me, "now let's go."

Then we took off.

-|- DAYS LATER -|-

I just got done talking with Tony when I sat down next to Sam. We'd been on the road for several days and we still hadn't left the city.

"What makes you think he'd be here?"

"Because it's the first place I came after they let me out."

"Steve what happens if we don't find him?"

"Sam I have to try... I have to try... he saved my life. I'm going to try and return the favor. It was supposed to be the two of us till the end of the line. You know how hard it is to watch your closest friend die..."

"I do... Steve I don't want you to get your hopes up. I'd give anything to see Riley again but you can't repeat the past."

"I know."

"Im sorry Steve. I just do t want to see you get hurt. Your my friend and, between you and me, my favorite avenger," Sam smiled as the two got up from the cafe and made there way into the Captain America Exhibit At the Smithsonian.

-|- ONE HOUR LATER -|-

"Steve it's already been an hour and we've looked over this place twice. He's not here."

"He has to be. This is the only place that would make since."

"He has the world and you think he'd stay here?"

"Yes... I would."

"He's not like you anymore Steve."

"Until I see proof I can't believe that."

I walked over to the section for Bucky and stood there staring at my friend. The man in the photo was still there deep down. I just had to find him.

"Bucky where are you?"

I turned around and was ready to leave when I saw a mysterious looking man walking into the area. Sam also noticed it to because he made his way over to me.

"The man. That's a little odd wouldn't you say cap."

"Ya, I noticed it to. Will stay here and keep an eye on him. There are to many children here for us to make any unplanned attacks."

Sam and I walked away from the exhibit and watched the hooded figure move his way toward Bucky's exhibit.

"Could he just be here?"

"I don't know but get ready to evacuate the people."

"Yes sir..."

I started to walk away.

"Wait where are you going!?"

"Just do it!"

I walked up behind the man.

"It's really sad. He was the guys closest friend."

"Mhm."

"Man it that were me I would of fallen apart."

Steve looked down and noticed a glove around a metal hand.

"What would you do..."

The man turned and started to walk away.

"Bucky?"

James hood flew off as he turned around and tried to hit me.

"Leave me alone!"

"I can't. Your my friend. Mi wanted to know why you saved my life."

"Leave... me... alone..."

Bucky grabbed his head and took a few steps back, "I don't know you. Get out of my head."

-| START FLASHBACK |-

"Get warm, I'll be in my room if you need me"

"You can stay"

"Are you sure"

"Please stay"

Steve moved over and let Bucky climb in the bed. At first there was an awkward silence then Bucky turned to Steve and kissed him again. This time it went beyond a kiss. This time was much different.
...
Bucky was careful when he began to take of his friends clothes. He on the other hand had gotten out of bed and stripped rather quickly.

"Be gentle Bucky"

"I will."

Bucky climbed back into the bed with a smile on his face.

"I've never seen you this happy."

"Because you never knew how much I loved you."

-|- END FLASH BACK -|-

"You remembered something didn't you."

"No!"

"You remembered us make love didn't you."

"Who are you?"

"I'm your friend. Bucky please let me try and help you."

"No. No I can't.... Not after what happened."

"Bucky let me help you... please."

I walked over and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm not letting go of you now that I know your alive. I lost you once... I'm not going to lose you again. You mean to much to me."

"Steve..."

"What is it?"

"Thank you."

I could feel him smile into my chest.

"Thank you."

--------------------\/-------------------

Sorry for such a late post. I've been writing the Winter Solider trilogy. Thank you all for reading it and the compliments. Again thanks for reading. :)