Author's Note

Ali here,
A short story which has somehow ended up in my stories that sprung forward from an idea with one song. Thus, I have created my In Song series which I Know What You Did Last Summer is also transferring to. The plots of the stories are not linked but they are a collection of short stories inspired by the song that they're based on.

This story is based on Don't Let Me Be Yours by Zara Larsson if you missed that in the description.

This story is in first person and I went with a twist on the song perspective with this one.

This features boy on boy content so if you don't like that then read no further than here.

I'm open to constructive criticism, constructive being the key word. As I have never been in the situation that is portrayed within the story, I'm going on the feelings I think I would feel if I was the male protagonist in this story. Any tips and/or feedback on this topic could be a huge help for me to develop this small story better to give these characters, and you guys, their justice on letting their feelings be felt and portrayed.

The story includes mild swearing.

Enjoy!

Description

I fell for my best friend hard and I cannot pinpoint the moment I realised. No one ever can.
But he's never realised and I've kept a piece of me away from him despite him seeing that piece often enough.
Insecurities do a lot of damage, enough for me to never mention anything as I don't want to be a mistake he makes.
What more can I do when he confronts the other half of myself while I work?