Elijah's hands on my waist feel suspiciously warm making me open my eyes to look at the suspect. He smiles softly at me before pressing a kiss to my cheek. His breath has a mix of coffee and mint where he probably substituted cleaning his teeth for chewing a tictac. "Morning," Elijah whispers.

"What have you done?" I ask, looking at my body suspiciously and touching my face.

Elijah laughs. "Who says I've done anything to your body or face?"

"You look satisfied with yourself."

"Because I finally did what I've been dreaming of doing."

"Which is?" I sit up, looking at the smirking Elijah suspiciously.

Elijah laughs before picking a tray off the table behind him. "Eat up, gorgeous. We've got a whole day ahead. Don't feel guilty about eating, I've had breakfast already."

"You what?"

"I couldn't sleep around six this morning. Went to the kitchen to do some milk and your mum was there ready for work as she ate breakfast. Blame it on your mum. The smell of her food probably woke me up. Anyway, here's yours." Elijah places the tray on my lap before settling down on the bed again.

I smile, running a hand through his hair. "Thank you."

Elijah smiles. "You're welcome."

My eyes go to the breakfast as I eat it. "You were really serious about what you said last night?"

"Of course. I told you that I wasn't drunk."

"But-"

"I know you've probably convinced yourself otherwise but my heart has always been yours."

"So, I'll never be-"

"My only mistake was not admitting this sooner."

I glance at Elijah who is looking at me with a small smile of reassurance. "Really?"

"It was our parents who convinced me to tell you in the end. It's why I was able to ask your mum where you were Thursday evening."

I raise an eyebrow. "We had school all day Friday and you didn't think to say anything then?"

Elijah shrugs. "I wanted to catch you alone. You would have felt judged if I had done what I did last night at school." Elijah looks at his hands which had started fiddling with the quilt. "You wouldn't have taken me seriously. I knew if I searched you out at the bar, you would have taken me seriously because you would have got defensive about the other side of you. Also, I knew you wouldn't believe me no matter what I said. That's why I had to be here this morning so I could show you that I wasn't lying about how I feel. I don't know what I would do with myself if you thought I was joking and you decided to cut me out of your life." Elijah chokes up, his words caught in his throat and his voice hoarse.

I duck my head to look at his face to see him crying. My hand runs through his hair as I watch him confused. "Why are you crying?" I move the tray to the floor before turning my full attention to Elijah.

"I don't know!"

I pull Elijah into my arms, pressing his head into the crook of my neck as his body, which is still only covered by his boxers, plasters itself to mine which is very much in the same condition. "You're an idiot."

"I know, shut up." Elijah smiles against my neck making me smile.

Just when I thought Elijah had drifted off to sleep because be had calmed down, he props himself above me using his arms. Arms I had to remind myself daily not to stare at. That I often failed at.

Elijah grins at me, his whole facial expression light. "I never officially said the words last night as you would have laughed me off, said I was drunk, called me a taxi, shoved me in it and tell them my home address," Elijah says, the grin not leaving his face. "Saylor, would you do me the honour of being my boyfriend?" I smile, pressing our lips together after wrapping my arms around his neck. Elijah plasters himself to me again, our bodies merging with the mattress. He pulls away, our foreheads resting together. "I need a verbal answer."

"Yes, I'll be yours."