Prologue

3rd Person

Lord Eddard Stark paced back and forwards in his room. He wasn't expecting for Robert to be visiting Winterfell, which worried him. Something felt wrong to him. He had a frown on his face as he crossed his arms.

His wife, Catlyn, looked at him from their bed. She gave him a slight smile as Ned stopped when he noticed her.

"What?" He asked

"Ned, you are over thinking this." She told him

Ned looked at her, "After all this time, he decided to visit." He said, "Does it not seem strange to you?"

Catlyn sighed, "Jon Arryn died, Ned. Maybe it is because of that." She said

Ned nodded slowly as he started to pace again. He wasn't sure why Robert would decide to visit Winterfell. Even though their former mentor has passed away, it seemed to strange for him. Considering that he felt like something was wrong, he was starting to get worried.

Catlyn looked at him and patted the spot in the bed next to her.

"Come." She told him, "Get some rest. Tomorrow we must make the preparations for their arrival, alright?"

Ned stopped and looked at the floor for a few moments. He was still thinking about the issue at hand. Why did he have a feeling something was wrong?

"What could be wrong?" He thought

"Ned." Lady Stark said

Ned snapped out of it and looked at Catlyn. He then nodded and walked to the bed and crawled onto it. He laid next to Catlyn who was sitting. His wife looked at him with a smile.

"It's a good thing, isn't it? You and Robert get to reunite after such a long time." She told him

"Yes, I suppose it is." Ned said, "King of The Seven Kingdoms, eh? Quite a position he ended up in."

Catlyn chuckled, "Yes." She said, "He also started his own family, Like you."

"Ah, Yes." Ned said, "I suppose we'll meet them when they arrive."

"Yes, we will." Catlyn said before patting him, "Now, sleep. You need the rest."

Ned chuckled and nodded, "Of course."

**********************************

The next morning, Robb Stark and his brother Brandon were in the courtyard training. Robb was trying to teach Bran how to shoot. He stood behind him as Bran pulled the bowstring back and aimed at the target.

He then released it and watched as it flew past the target. Bran had a look of disappointment on his face as Robb chuckled.

Bran glared at his brother, "Shut up!" He growled

Robb shook his head, "We've been at it for days now, Bran." He told him, "You haven't been able to hit the target at all."

Bran faced him, "I need more practice." He said, "You know what Father said, you did not become a marksman at my age."

Robb smiled slightly, "True. I may have not hit the bull's-eye, but I did hit the target." He said teasingly

Bran was about to say something when he was interrupted with a whimper. He looked besides him to see his direwolf pup.

"What, Summer?" He asked

Summer tilted his head curiously at Bran. He then laid down and whimpered.

Robb smiled, "Seems that Summer is bored at your futile attempts at shooting arrows." He said

Bran gave his brother a scowl. He then looked past Robb and saw Jon Snow walking towards them. He had a grim look on his face, as always. Robb followed Bran's gaze and watched as Jon made his way to them, avoiding several servants that were carrying baskets of linen clothing.