Chapter 2: The Feast

Rickard

The music was loud, the food was good, the booze was better. I sat in a table near the great table where Lady Stark and Mother sat.

I heard Father laugh as he drank and whored. Mother had told me to keep him from doing so, but I'll let Father do what he pleases for now. I didn't see Lord Stark nor Uncle Jaime. I was pretty sure Uncle Tyrion was going to be here due to the wine and whores. Guess he's late. I'm still unhappy about Jon not being able to join, perhaps I'll go spend time with him.

This feast was something else. I saw a handful of women eyeing me with lustful looks. I guess they want to test out the King's son. I'm glad they've restrained themselves, I don't like smothering.

Robb and Theon ate as they laughed and drank. They seemed to have fun. A party with Northerners seemed to be quite lively.

"I admit..." I muttered to myself, "These kinds of feasts aren't that bad. I'm enjoying myself quite alright."

I drank wine from my cup as I saw Joffrey smiling at Lady Sansa out of the corner of my eye. I set the cup down on the table. Joffrey sat at the head of the table in front of us where Lady Sansa sat in the middle with some companions of hers. Joffrey gave her some smiles and Sansa was blushing and murmuring something to her friend.

I sighed and looked back to where Father was. He was getting too chummy with some whore he picked up. I noticed Lord Stark in the far corner talking to another man. He was wearing all black.

"... Night's Watch?" I thought to myself, "If I remember correctly, there's one person related to Lord Stark that took the Black..."

"Benjen Stark." I said quietly

I was then approached by a servant who leaned into me.

"The Queen is asking for you, Prince Rickard." She told me over the noise

I looked over to Mother, she was giving me a neutral stare. I then stood up, getting glances from Robb and Theon who kept eating and drinking.

I noticed Joffrey look at me as I walked over to Mother. Lady Sansa followed his gaze and saw me, she then looked away almost immediately.

I reached the table, "Mother, you called?" I said

She smiled slightly, "I take it you heard the news." She told me, "Lady Stark and I were just discussing how you'll wed her daughter."

I nodded, "Yes, Father made it clear that this is happening." I crossed my arms, "What of it?"

Lady Stark smiled, "Sansa is honored to be Betrothed to you, my Prince." She said, "I, too, am honoured."

"With all due respect, Lady Stark, I do not appreciate when someone lies to my face." I said as her smiled faded, "If Lady Sansa is honoured to be Betrothed to me, she is free to tell me herself. She hasn't, which means she doesn't want this. Also, I doubt that you'll let go of your daughter so easily."

Lady Stark looked taken aback by what I said.

Mother sighed, "Forgive my son, Lady Stark." She told her, "He is much like his father, very rude. Rickard, Apologize to your host. I swear, you lack proper manners."

I then felt a hand touch my shoulder.

"Oh come on, Cersei." Uncle Jaime said as he stood next to me, "Rickard speaks truth. Lady Stark, A Pleasure."

I looked at Uncle Jaime's sly smirk as he bowed slightly at Lady Stark.

"Ser Jaime." Lady Stark nodded