Chapter 1~ Dwelling on the past

I walked down the street in the pouring rain. It was like most days without Christine. Alone and cold. No one had a care in the world. Well, expect probably me. It was always hard and wherever I went, people would stop and stare at the infamous 'Opera Ghost'. I sighed and opened the door to my makeshift house. I sighed and walked over to the counter. I dug into my pocket and pulled out just a few dollars. I dropped them into the jar and looked at the amount of money I had left. But I was barely making it. I was practically hungry all the time and was getting sick every week. I'm not even sure I'll last long enough to see old age. Or even Christine once again.

I crawled over to my makeshift bed and laid down; staring up at the ceiling. My thoughts began to race about love and death. I closed my eyes once again and curled up into a ball. I listened to the patter of rain outside and heard heavy footsteps. "Demon!" The words echoed in my mind. I felt my heart break as I heard Christine's soft melodic voice in my mind. But it was corrupted with the images of my face. I opened my eyes and sat up. These night terrors were horrible. Even worse was the reality I was facing. No warmth, no care, no light. I felt slight tears sting my eyes and I broke down crying. I couldn't deal with the fact that I would die old and alone. With no one to see.

But maybe that was a good thing. Maybe it was a good thing for no one to see the Devil's son die. Maybe I deserved the fate I was having. Maybe I truly never belonged to this world. I looked at the window and saw her face staring at me. I wiped away my tears and when I looked back, she was gone. I sat there in silence for a moment. I looked down at my hands and stood up. I stormed out into the street and took off my mask. "IF YOU WANT ME, TAKE ME!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I heard a car honk it's horn and I saw a light out of the corner of my eye. I turned around and stood my ground. I stared right at the headlights which would now consume my soul within a few minutes. Many people stopped and stared; with frightful faces. Then I heard the most beauitful sound. "Angel!" Christine's voice yelled out.

Then, I felt myself falling.