Priceless

(Y/n) and Terra has been spending too much time training and hanging out together, Ven mused bitterly to himself as he took up his usual spot by the cliff and stared at the starry night skies. He noticed how you look up to the older brown-haired Keyblade Wielder with twinkling eyes, it was filled with so much amazement and adoration that he doesn't receive from you. At all. Not mentioning how lively and cheerful you get whenever Terra was around. She was never like that to me, he thought. If ever, you look like you were almost disinterested whenever Ven asks you out to stargaze or train.

Ventus decided that he didn't like it.

"I should confront her about it." He mumbles softly. He closes his eyes briefly, and when he opens them again, instead of the sky, your bored face looking down at him was the first thing he sees.

"Whoa!" Ventus shoots up to a sitting position, and then turns his head to you, who's now laughing immensely at his surprise. "Give me a break, (Y/n)!" The blond huffs.

"S-sorry." you wheezed, covering your mouth with your hand in an attempt to stop yourself from cackling. "That was just so... priceless."

The blond Keyblade Wielder just lies back down on the grass, using his hands as a pillow, his cheeks puffed out.

"Aw, is wittle Venny-boo angwy with poor (Y/n)~?" You cooed, earning a grunt of annoyance from Ven. You chuckled. "Okay, okay; put your head on my lap. I bet my thighs are more comfortable than your hands."

He sits upright again, this time a little slower, before looking at you with an unreadable expression. You sighed softly to yourself. The last sentence you said sounded better in your head. But before you could say anything more, Ven breaks out into a grin. You take that as a sign that he wanted you to be his temporary pillow, so you proceeded to sit down on the ground. As soon as you did, the blond puts his head on your lap.

"Comfy?" you asked him, smiling softly.

"Yeah, thanks (Y/n)."

Silence enveloped the two of you, but it was the comfortable kind. Never did your eyes left Ven's face, who is gazing at the stars with a tiny smile. Your (e/c) eyes then trails to his hair. Despite of it being spiky, it looks so soft, and you hope he wouldn't mind it if you touch it. You lift your hand and started to run your fingers through it, the action startling the boy a tad bit, but he made no attempt to stop you at all.

Ven sighed happily, the feeling of your fingers combing his hair calming his mind, and he closes his eyes to indulge in the soothing sensation he currently feels. This is so much better than seeing shooting stars.

"Hey, Ven...?"

He hummed in reply, too immersed in feeling your fingers weave itself in and out of his hair.

"Who are you gonna confront about what?" you asked, stopping your hand from running through his hair but kept your fingers within Ven's blond tresses. "I kinda heard you muttering that to yourself. Is it important?"

The boy being asked chuckled nervously, unconsciously missing the hair-stroking motion you were doing before. "Ah... thanks for reminding me about it. I was wondering," he trails off, his cerulean eyes capturing yours, making you grip his hair a tad bit as you feel cornered all of a sudden, which he either failed to notice or purposely ignored. "...(Nickname), what do you think of Terra?"