Shhh... You'll see them soon.

I wake up from my sleep. Apparently I'm asleep cuddled up next to Carter. The car has been pulled over to the side of the road. Everyone is asleep so I guess it's the middle of the night. I go back to sleep but I wake up shivering. I accidentally wake up Carter when I move close her to him. I think he feels how cold I am.
"Addison your so cold. Here take this." He says taking his jacket off. He raps it around me and pulls the blanket up higher.
"Tha-thank yo-you Car-Carter." I say as Carter warms me up.
"Addison I love you." He whispers as he moves a pice of my hair behind my ear. He looks down at me.
"I love you too." I say as I kiss him. Then I fall asleep. When I wake up we are back on the road. Carters sitting up looking outside the truck bed. Then he looks back at me to see I'm awake.
"Good morning Addison." He says kissing my forehead.
"Good morning Carter." I say sitting up straight.
"Hey why are we stopping?" I ask Carter.
"We need to pick up some food." Carter informs me.
"Oh." I say. The car comes to a stop. Carter and Hannah hop out of the car.
"We will be right back." Carter says.
"Ok." I say. When they leave I hop out of the truck and go to the front seat.
"Do you guys want to ride in the back?" I ask.
"Sure." They both say and hop in the back. After awhile Carter and Hannah come out with bags of food. They set the bags in the truck bed. Then Carter came up to the front and hopped into the passenger seat.
"Who's letting you drive missy?" He asks me.
"No ones told me I couldn't. Anyways I know a place where we can stop." I tell him.
"But you just got shot several times and stabbed with a knife." He says.
"I know. I feel perfectly fine." I say.
"Ok, fine." He says. I start up the truck and I start to drive. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the place.
"So you chose a bar of all places?" Carter asks me.
"Just for a night." I say.
"Ya whatever." He says teasing me. We all hop out of the truck and grab everything out of the truck bed. We walk in and barricade the door. We lay the mattresses on the floor. I go over to the liquor area. I would love to drink.
"Hey, I think we have to wait till the little ones are asleep." Lucas says to me wrapping his arms around my waist.
"I know." I sigh. We walk over to Jaxon and Owen. It's about eight.
"Addy, I'm tired." Owen says as he yawns. Jaxon yawns and nods in agreement.
"Ok I'll tuck you two in." I say as I open up their sleeping bags. They each lay down in their own sleeping bag. I then zip the sleeping bags up.
"Good night Jaxon and Owen." I say to them as I stand up. I walk over to where Hannah and Carter are at.
"Guys, lets have some drinks." I say since the kiddos are asleep.
"May I have a Bloody Mary please." Hannah asks Carter.
"And for you young woman." Carter asks me.
"A damn good cocktail please." I say to Carter.
"It will be ready in a minute." Carter says as he makes the drinks.
"Hey Hannah" I say looking at her.
"Yes Addison." Hannah says.
"No hard feelings about me dating Carter right?" I ask her.
"Yeah no hard feelings, I understand that you love him. I also understand that he loves you and I want Carter to be happy." Hannah says to me.
"Oh ok Hannah." I say and hug her.
"Your drinks are ready madams." Carter says.

__________________________

*carters view* -a few hours later-

Dang she beautiful. She sure does remind me of what it was like before everything hit the fan. I hear a groan coming from outside so I slide out of our sleeping bag. I'd do anything to protect Addison and her brother, I would also protect Hannah since her and I are friends. I grab one of the guns and a knife. I put the gun strap on my shoulder for easy access to the gun. I creep to the door and set my hand on the door nob. I twist it slowly, then I open it. I see a zombie and take the knife in my hand to stab it. Once I killed it, I look over head to see the biggest heard of zombies I've ever seen.
"Shoot." I whisper to my self. I close the door and lock it. I then go over to a table and pick it up. I set it on the door to barricade the door. I decide to go over to Addison and wake her.
"Addison! Wake up!" I whisper yell, shaking her while I do so.
"Hmmm? What's going on Carter?" She asks me.
"We're be over ran by zombies. Get everyone up." I command her. I go back to grab more tables and chairs. I added more things to barricade the door but there amount of zombies keep multiplying.
"Carter let us help you!" I hear Jaxon and Owen say.
"I'll help you too." Hannah says.
"Me too." Addison says as she pushes all her weight on the door. Hannah, Jaxon, and Owen, do the same. Then I do the same and join them. I felt the zombies strength getting stronger. It's no use but I push with all my might. All I care about is Addison and her brother though.
"Addison take the kids! Go take them and run!" I yell at her.
"Ok Carter." she says. "Come On Guys you heard him." She says the tears pulling at the edges of her eyes. Once I knew they were gone I looked over towards Hannah.
"Hannah your turn! Go now!" I yell to her.
"No! We will go together." She says to me.
"Alright on 3. 1......... 2...........3......Now!" I scream as I grab her hand and we run to the second exit. We run and run. But then Hannah tripped I stopped to help her. We struggle to get her out of the floor board. Once we did she couldn't stand up.
"Carter leave me." Hannah says to me.
"No! Your my only friend left!" I tell her the tears coming down.
"Go just leave me here. I'll go in that closet." She says and takes a second to breath. "Leave me with a gun and two bulits please Carter." Hannah says as she gives me her ammo and knife.
"Go Carter." She says pushing me. She then goes in the closet and locks it. I run forward then and go try to find Addison. I run out the door and run to the car. I jump in the truck really fast. I start up the ignition. I then spot Addison with the two boys.
"Addison get in the truck! " I say the tears falling down. She runs over with the boys
"Where's Hannah?" Addison asks as she get in the truck.
"Come On we've gotta go now!" I yelled hitting the pedal.
"Where's Hannah!" Addison yelled back.
"She's not coming!" I yell as I drive extremely fast. Then we hear a built shot. The tears come down my face. Hannah was my friend, a good friend.
"Hey everything's gonna be ok." Addison tells me. She wipes the tears from my face then sets her hand on my leg. At least I have Addison. I don't know what I'd do without he—
"Jaxon!" I hear Owen yell. I look bad and see a zombie in the back of the truck. Shoot.
"Addison take the wheel. Now!" I yell letting go. I roll down the roof window and climb out. I then jump down into the truck bed. I grabbed my knife from my pouch. The zombie jumps at me and we fight. After a minute I'm able to stab the zombie in the head. I then threw the zombie off of the truck. I go over to Jaxon afterwards. I look at his arm and see he's bit.
"Addison pull over now." I tell her. She then stops right as I say that. I then see Owen run over to Jaxon and I.
"Jaxon. No your gonna be alright. I promise." Owen says through tears. "Carter can you do something." Owen says whimpering.
"No I can't. I'm sorry. It's spreading already." I say on the edge of tears. I see Addison come around the truck and open the truck bed.
"Say your goodbyes." I say as I get up and jump out of the truck bed. I can't do this. I swore to protect them all and I only could save Addison and her brother. I am one of the worst people in this awful world. I walk over to the tree. I look at the tree and hit it. I hit it over and over again till my knuckles are bleeding. After awhile I hear Addison.
"Carter were done saying our goodbyes." Addison calls to me. I have to be the one to kill Jaxon. I have to be brave. For them at least but I'll end up hurting them in the end since I got bitten by the zombie. I go back over to the truck and get in the back again.
"Addison take Owen to the tree. Don't let him see." I tell her. I wait until they are at the tree. I take my silenced gun in my hand and grip it.
"Jaxon. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you." I apologize.
"Carter it wasn't your fault. I knew I wasn't going to survive this world. But keep them alive. Please. Don't worry about me I'll be with my brother and father. Then when you guys pass, hopefully in a better life or way, you'll be there with me, in Heaven. So Carter shoot me. I don't want to be a monster." Jaxon says closing his eyes. He slips his hand into mine.
"Everything will be peaceful in a moment. I'll do it quick, Jax." I tell him. I put the gun to his head.
"Goodbye Carter. Don't turn. Stay for them." Jaxon says as I pull the trigger.
                                                               Bang!
I stare at Jaxons life less body. So young in a horrid world. I process the words he said to me. I look up into the sky.
"I promise." I whisper to the sky. I grab the body and lay it on the road side in the dirt.
"Addison, Owen, we need to go. Come on." I say through tears. We hop in the truck and I start the car. I don't know where to go, but we are going somewhere.

——————————————-
Side poem
Everything will be peaceful once again. Now or later. Here on earth or up in Heaven. You'll be taken away from this horrible place. You'll be safe with your father and mother. You'll be protected and loved, unlike here........