Outside the Window

Prompt: What's the weather outside your window doing right now?

Early Saturday morning, John woke up to what could be described as his ideal morning.
Upon opening his eyes, he saw the love of his life sleeping next to him, first thing. He kissed him on the nose and slid out of his loose grip, grabbing one of Laf's shirts on his way to the kitchen. Whoever wakes up first is to make some tea and start the coffee maker.
The house is completely silent, other than the sound of gentle rain falling on the balcony and smooth thunder in the distance. Smiling at his favorite weather, John hops onto the counter and closes his eyes. The warm glow of sun peeking through scattered clouds heated patches of what little skin was exposed, given the large shirt.
He released a quiet, content sigh.
This feeling, the feeling of starting a new day, made John feel like he could truly breathe.
A minute later, he heard Lafayette step into the kitchen. Still not opening his eyes, John listened to his movements; even though he knew exactly what he would do.
Walk straight to the cabinet to get mugs.
Make himself coffee.
Fix John some tea.
Grab some yogurt and fruit from the fridge.
Set everything next to John.
Stretch and pop his back.
Kiss his husband.
John smiled and erupted in giggles, finally opening his eyes. Gil was looking at him with such adoration.
A grin grew on his face as well.
"Your beautiful laugh will never grow old, my love."
John pulled him closer so that he was standing inbetween his legs, flush against the counter. He wrapped his arms around Gil's waist and looked up at him.
"And neither will your cheesy lines."
Gil's smile dropped and he tried to escape from John's grip, which only tightened. His human restraint was laughing his ass off.
"Awe babe it was just a joke. You know I love your lines! Don't leave me!"
The standing man just rolled his eyes and kissed John's forehead, talking a sip of his coffee. He made his way out of the kitchen with his snack and sat on the couch. John grabbed his tea and followed suit.
Curling up next to Gil, he tucked his legs up to his chest and inside the oversized shirt he had stolen.
"Hey, quit stretching out my shirt, you little thief." Laf said, mouth full of yogurt.
John only smiled and took a drink.
Within moments, the two settled into a comfortable silence; Laf reading the news on his phone and John watching the rain.
John cuddled in closer, closing his eyes again.
"Good morning."