Two

After sitting in her room for little under an hour, Penny decided she would make the most of the facilities on board. She opened her wardrobe, glancing over the clothes in there. She didn't recognise a single piece of clothing in there, as she had been given a range of styles to wear, based on the trends that were popular on earth. After picking out some fishnet tights, a wine bodycon dress, black heeled ankle boots, and a leather jacket, she slipped into them and headed towards the sound of faint music.

She reached the club, where she smiled a little at the dark walls and loud, booming music. This was her kind of place, especially with the bar in the corner that she was immediately drawn to. Penny slid into a seat and ordered a diet coke from the machine, sipping from the purple tinted glass. Her face was illuminated by the faint glow of the lights as she watched Noah walk into the room, and she hid a smile as he approached her. As if she was in a trance, Penny moved from her chair and began to walk away, reminding herself to distance herself from him. She seemed to fade into the dim lights as she ignored his calls.

A sigh escaped her lips as Noah caught up with her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Penny-" He started, eyes meeting hers. "I know you saw me coming towards you, and then you were walking away. What- what's going on? And why haven't I seen anyone other than the two of us around here?"

"I think we're the only two awake, Noah. We woke up three days early. I don't know why, and I can't answer your other question. It's better you don't know. Just... you'll survive being alone for the next few days, then you can make friends with the rest of the passengers, okay? It's better if you don't get mixed up with me. You'll regret it in the long run, believe me." Penny shook her shoulder away and continued down the corridor.

"Hey, hey, you need to listen to me Penny, right now. I don't care whether I will regret 'mixing up' with you in the long run. I care about now. Why do I have to be alone, and away from you? I want the truth Peggy. Please." Noah pleaded, looking worried as he jogged beside her.

"You know what Noah? We've known each other for little over an hour, why should I tell you everything about myself anyway? You're just like everyone else. If I tell you to stay away, there must be a bloody good reason for it. And I guarantee that my reason is good. Better than most. I'm not who you think I am." Penny's hands clenched, and she turned on her heel, stalking away from Noah.

~~~~~

Peggy headed to her room and quickly changed into black leggings and an oversized band shirt, her deft fingers twisting her hair into a plait that brushed her lower back. Taking a glance in the mirror, she rubbed her face gently. She felt strange. Like she didn't fit in. That was true. With her... secret, she was set far away from these people here, no doubt. She had to change. Alter herself. And the best and easiest way to change herself? A haircut. Slowly, Penny span around, moving towards the small machine in the corner of the room. Taking a deep breath, she typed 'hairdressing scissors'. A glint of silver caught her eye as they appeared, and she lifted them to her hair.

A small thud reached her ears as her blonde plait hit the floor. Her eyes glinted, a weight lifted off her shoulders. Penny began to chop her hair, giving it a messy look that fell over her ears slightly. She knew it wasn't great, and any machine on this ship couldn't have done it better, but something about not having to rely on machinery made her oddly proud. Anyway, she concluded, the look was simply Penny. Artistic. Wild. Unforgettable. Perfect in the ways only Penny could be. It made her feel braver. Stronger. Beautiful.