Eight

It was the 13th April. Another four days, and the Titanic would reach New York. Ella couldn't believe how quick the last three days had gone. She found it exciting though.

When Ella woke, it was 8:30am. She had an hour and half until her watch began. She got out of bed and took her uniform. She put her hair into her chignon hairstyle. She grabbed her hat and coat before leaving.

Ella walked to the officers mess and saw Will and Henry. They were talking. "Morning."

"Morning."

Ella poured herself a coffee and sat down with them. Will secretly put his hand on her knee under the table. She smiled.
"So, Henry, how are things?"

Henry nodded and smiled. "Not too bad at all. How about yourself?"

"I'm well thank you."

Will and Henry began to talk about the engines going on full speed. The talk of it made Ellen shake with fear. To her it didn't seem right. Titanic was making excellent progress without that.

"All we can do is be prepared in case the worst happens," Will said.

Ella rolled her eyes. "The fact that Captain Smith is even going ahead with it."

Will agreed. He knew how bad Ella was worrying. "It will be fine. We know what to do. We're trained to sort out incidents," he told her.

...
Ella nodded. She ate her breakfast and went out to the bridge with Will. "Ella?"

"I'm scared."

Will hugged her tightly. "Shh. It'll be okay. I promise you."

Ella nodded. Will kissed her lips gently. She gripped his hand as she felt the speed of the boat going through the Atlantic.

Will could feel Ella's hand shaking. He sighed. He didn't know how else to comfort her. He decided to make her smile.
"You know, if we finish up our rounds quickly, I'll take you to my room," Will whispered.

A smile formed on Ella's face. She giggled. "Are you allowed to do that, Sir?"

Will knew she was joking. He pretended to think about it. "Probably not but who can refuse a lass like you?"

Ella grinned and rested her head on his shoulder. "Something bad is going to happen."

"It's not. I promise."

Ella sighed. "Don't make promises you can't keep."

...
While they were on their rounds, Ella saw Cal and Rose. They were arguing. Will sighed. "Someone ought to sort that."

"Yeah."

Suddenly, Charles ran over and took them away. Ella and Will sighed in relief. They didn't like Cal one bit.

Will held Ella's hand discreetly as they walked around. Ella couldn't help but smile. She was so thankful to have met Will.

Ella pulled her hand quickly away as the captain made his way down to them. Luckily, he hadn't noticed the hand holding.
"How are your rounds going?" he asked.

Will smiled. "It's going just fine. We're nearly finished sir."

"Good. Go and get some rest."

...
Will and Ella went back to the officers quaters. Ella smiled. "So Mr Murdoch, I'll see you later?"

Will smirked and took her hand. He took her into his quaters. Ella grinned. "Ah. I totally forgot about this."

"Did you?" Will asked as he kissed her neck. Ella moaned and kissed him passionately.

Will pushed her on the bed and gently began to take off her clothes. Ella smiled as Will kissed down in between her bare chest.

Soon enough, Will pushed into Ella. Ella moaned and dug her nails into his back. Will smiled and kissed her.

...
Henry and Charles went to find Will. They needed his advice on something. They didn't agree with how Ismay had forced the captain into speeding up.

They stood outside his door. "Who's the one who's going to wake him?" Charles asked.

"He's closer to you so you can wake him," Henry replied.

Charles groaned at the thought of waking Will. They both knew Will was difficult to wake up.

Henry and Charles opened the door and gasped at the sight of Will and Ella having sex. They quickly pulled the duvet over themselves. Henry and Charles closed the door.
"What is this?" Henry asked.

Ella and Will tried not to laugh.
"You don't know what sex is?" Ella asked. Henry's cheeks flushed bright red.

Henry began stuttering. Charles didn't know what to say. "W-We'll be outside," he said.

...
Ella and Will quickly got dressed. They left Will's room. "The captain wants you Will."

Ella smiled. "I think I'll get some sleep. Before tonights watch," she said.

...
Ella collapsed into her bed. She couldn't believe she and Will had been caught.

She smiled knowing that they could be together now without worrying what Charles and Henry thought.

...
Will saw the captain and tried to persuade him. He wasn't having any of it. He walked off. Will sat down and sighed, pouring himself a coffee.

Charles and Henry soon sat down with him.
"You and Ella?" Henry asked.

"Just don't Henry. I love her," Will said. He smiled. "I love her."

Charles smiled. "Well we both knew something was going on, but we didn't think it was extremely serious."

Will stirred his coffee. "It's serious. When the ship docks in New York, I want to ask for Ella's hand in marriage."

Both men were shocked. The only other woman Will had been serious about was Ada. Even then he had chosen his career over the marriage. "Are you sure about this?" Henry asked.

Will nodded. "Yes. We share the same passion. We love the sea and our jobs."

Charles smiled. "Well if she makes you happy, then you have my support," he said.

...
Ella was fast asleep. She had a bad dream where the Titanic sank and she had lost Will. It was only a dream.... Wasn't it?